1.    #1  
    I am currently in France and will be here for the next 4 weeks. My pre is connected to my aDSL network via wifi and all is good except I need to know if its possible to make VOIP calls and if so with what application(s)? I have a google voice account, gdialpro, and Voxofon, but can't make any calls. All help and information is appreciated.
    TIA bill
    Last edited by BillP3393; 10/07/2009 at 06:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillP3393 View Post
    I am currently in France and will be here for the next 4 weeks. My pre is connect to my aDSL network via wifi and all is good except I need to know if its possible to make VOIP calls and if so with what application(s)? I have a google voice account, gdialpro, and Voxofon, but can't make any calls. All help and information is appreciated.
    TIA bill
    No way to make VOIP calls yet if I am not mistaken.
    possible to use google voice?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikehoff99 View Post
    possible to use google voice?
    unfortunately, no. google voice over the internet simply tells google to call your phone.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    I wanted to respond because I am going to Ireland and was looking for the same thing. To me this would be..... F'ing HUGE!!!

I wanted to draw attention to tihs thread from more people to get people smarter than me thinking on this and maybe chiming in as to why this wouldn't be possible.

Thanks to all
    Some folks over at webosinternals have gotten VoIP clients to work from the optware packages, but these are only linux level command line apps with no GUI. Right now there is now way for native linux level apps to access the webos GUI via current sdk...

Shape services does offer a web based skype solution...IT IS NOT AN APP...but it still requires a skypeout number to call YOU back...thus it wouldn't work via just wifi afaikafaikafaik:
    IM+ for Skype :: Palm :: Products

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    And then there was this
    AT&T, Apple backpedal on iPhone VoIP apps
    I dont use Skype, but would really love something of the ilk...
    "Some folks over at webosinternals have gotten VoIP clients to work from the optware packages, but these are only linux level command line apps with no GUI. Right now there is now way for native linux level apps to access the webos GUI via current sdk..."
    Thanks I will have to check it out. I am familiar with Linux, but only as a novice.