Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Don't worry the water was clean! Taking out my contacts at 3 in th morining and I accidently bump my palm pre into the toilet as I reached for my contact solution. Without checking ( or caring for the mAtter) I desperately put my hand in the toilet bowl. It must have been barely one second. It seemed fine, I was Able to shutdown the phone properly. Took off the bodyguard case little water drops on it. Now the actual back cover . And finaly the battery. No major water came out.. Setting it out to dry over night. Will report tomorow morning on the status of the PRE.
    You shouldn't power the phone on tomorrow. You should wait, atleast a couple of days, to make sure its dried out completely.
    Make sure you put it in rice...silica gel or something of the sort to help with the drying.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Isn't this like the 5th post about someone dropping a Pre in the water. What's wrong with you people!?
    I dropped mine in the sink while washing dishes....i put it in rice over night and it worked fine after it dried out....

next time I'll just get my gf to wash the dishes...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    I dropped mine in the sink while washing dishes....i put it in rice over night and it worked fine after it dried out....

next time I'll just get my gf to wash the dishes...
    thats why i try to make my gf wash dishes as much as possible, though i fear if her pre falls in the water, she may try to reverse the situation
    Quote Originally Posted by moxy-kreations View Post
    Don't worry the water was clean! Taking out my contacts at 3 in th morining and I accidently bump my palm pre into the toilet as I reached for my contact solution. Without checking ( or caring for the mAtter) I desperately put my hand in the toilet bowl. It must have been barely one second. It seemed fine, I was Able to shutdown the phone properly. Took off the bodyguard case little water drops on it. Now the actual back cover . And finaly the battery. No major water came out.. Setting it out to dry over night. Will report tomorow morning on the status of the PRE.
    To Moxy: I feel ur pain... i also wear contacts, i have a Pre and i have a toilet. I like how you said that the water was clean in the first sentence.

To you guys with GF's: Trust me, if ur doin the dishes now, u'll b doin it for the rest of ur life!
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 10/07/2009 at 06:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Make sure you put it in rice...silica gel or something of the sort to help with the drying.
    x2, rice is the only way to go
    jesus people stop droping ur phones in water be more careful like bruba said whats wrong with u people :-) phones r not made for water.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I don't understand why people bring their phones into these situations... do you need it to be attatched to you to live? lol, leave it on the coffee table or somewhere not near a pool of death.
    Crap!!!
    You should still windex that thing, because, DANG!
    Quote Originally Posted by moxy-kreations View Post
    I have been nearly where you were, but due to some cat-like and near Chuck Norris skill I caught it. I feel for you. Your phone might not smell the same, even if the bowl was empty.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Bummer. Hit up the rice for sure.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Yeah dude just because the water looks clear... theres definitly A LOT of bacteria and germs and other nastyness in there lets just face facts. I'd lysol it or something... but i'd honestly turn it in for dead if I were you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Megazac View Post
    Bummer. Hit up the rice for sure.
    And, of course, make sure you cook the rice before you eat it later/after... lmao.

LL
    Lee Ladisky
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    yes...put it in a ziplock bag of rice for a few days.....but first take out the battery.....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by urlmaker View Post
    You should still windex that thing, because, DANG!
    LOL... yea thats pretty bad..forget windex lysol may be more fitting.
    Let us know what happens with the rice... do you end up with brown rice?

If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    So....the unthinkable happened yesterday, my phone was on the counter and got knocked right in the toilet!! I grabbed it within 5 seconds, and shut it down. Took it apart, let it dry overnight and ......... she WORKS!!! I am amazed at that!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast