1.    #1  
    I read that you could fix this by plugging in the head phones and pulling them out. I tried this and it didnt work. I restarted the phone and that didnt work either. Only way I can hear the call is if I wear head phones (which i do often) or if its on speaker phone. anyone know whats up?
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

wow this is another head set mode thread.

ok unplug and plug back in. Everyone who post is going to say that and it worked for them (also for me)

supposedly this works I think its a load of bull.

turn on phone, I won't get technical since this is obvious.

close any music app (if open)

plug headset in

start music app

disconnect headset

then you should see from the = on the app to the play button |> something like this. Then press play andif you hear music from ur speaker problem solve.

if not start unpluging and pluging till it works
  3.    #3  
    didnt work. i think i am going to be convicted of rape now for all the times i forced the headphone jack into the phone
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic

RIP

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Toggle the mute button in the dialer app both with the head set in and with it out.

The head set/ear buds also have a mute button, be careful that's not toggled on/off ...it could also be affecting the dialer app.
  5.    #5  
    got it working. I tried to toggle the mute button but that didnt work either. I plugged the head phones back in for the 432432 time and the backlight came on so i figured it worked. It did. Thanks for the replies
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic

RIP

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    it's not the size of the jack it's the motion of the ocean!
    I had this problem and couldn't figure it out. I took it to the sprint store and they found that something had worked its way down into the headphone jack. Once they pulled it out everything worked fine.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Good stuff... this happend when I first got the phone and I had to figure that crap out on my own. Definitly an angry rape of the headphones solves the problem, although I wasn't using the headphones that came with the phone either.

Can anyone confirm this happening with the PALM headphones that came with the pre?
    Mine were the palm headphones. I could fix it a few times by messing with them, but after a while, it wouldnt work at all.
    Mine got stuck and was crackling so I took it to a repair center. They "cleaned it out" and it made the crackling better but its still there. I went to sprint.com and sent for a replacement, waiting for it to arrive.