1.    #1  
    Could someone explain what the "sleep" mode actually does on the Pre? Does it just turn the screen off, or do something comparable to one of the sleep states computers can enter (cutting processor clock cycles or voltage, etc)?

I haven't seen anything lately on the whole Touchstone + sleep thing, but it would make sense if Touchstone charging needs some kind of processing to go on and sleep cuts cpu function.

I'm just wondering if that's why the Pre doesn't sleep when docked, if anyone has made progress enabling it, or if the screen can at least be turned off while docked.

I know you can change the background of the lock screen; it doesn't seem like it would be an issue to just turn the screen off so it's not lit up all night.
    I can't say 100% sure, but I think it just turns the screen off. Unlike your PC, the Pre has one major app it needs to run even when charging. The phone.
  3.    #3  
    Well if it does just kill the screen, why isn't that done when it's docked?

I guess if Palm wanted us to see its status that makes sense, but it seems like it would be an easy tweak to kill the backlight while it sleeps.
    Last edited by jaguar717; 10/07/2009 at 04:22 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Oh come on, there's got to be somebody who's looked into this, or at least wondered about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguar717 View Post
    Oh come on, there's got to be somebody who's looked into this, or at least wondered about it.
    Maybe everybody's sleeping.
    I don't use the touchstone, but it IS stupid that we can't have the phone powered off while charging. I STILL can't get used to that.