Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By VeeDubb65
  1.    #1  
    Help pre wont go past the boot screen!!
    You know, I post this so often, I'm thinking about just making it my signature.....

Anyway, you need to force the Pre into novacom USB mode and run the WebOSDr.

I'm assuming you know how to install novacom drivers on your desktop, or you probably wouldn't have been able to brick your Pre. So, assuming you've been able to run things like novaterm and/or WebOSQuickInstall, just do the following:

1) Turn your Pre completely off. If it's so messed up that you can't turn it off, remove the battery to kill it. If you have to take the battery out, leave it out until I tell you to put it back it.
    2) Plug your Pre into the USB port on your computer.
    3) Press and hold the volume up button. Do NOT let go of the volume up button until I tell you to.
    4) Turn on your Pre. If you had to remove the battery, put it back in now.
    5) Within a few seconds at most, (maybe instantly) you should see a large USB symbol that fills the screen of the Pre. Once you see that symbol, you can let go of the volume up button.
    6) On your desktop run the WebOSDoctor. It should be a .jar file. When you double click on it, depending on what OS you have and what other software you have installed, it may try to open it like a .zip file. This is NOT what you want to do. If that happens, close out whatever opens, and then right click the WebOSDoctor and select "run with Java" or something like that.
    7) From there, you'll get a nice friendly program that you will basically just dumby-click though.

*The whole process usually takes about 20 minutes, but 'can' take up to an hour.

**This won't work if your battery is below 30%, so when in doubt, charge it for a couple hours first.
    rykatemom likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks a lot will give it a try.
  4.    #4  
    OK tried that and get to the charging battery sequences after abit it says phone disconnected try again. My battery is at 89% when i go into quick-install. Stuck!! tried restarting computer a number of time same result. anything???
    throw it against the wall and file and insurance claim with assurion, that will get you a refurb working pre...better than what you have now. (for a small fee though)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by acekilla View Post
    throw it against the wall and file and insurance claim with assurion, that will get you a refurb working pre...better than what you have now. (for a small fee though)
    Nice!!!!!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    You know, I post this so often, I'm thinking about just making it my signature.....

Anyway, you need to force the Pre into novacom USB mode and run the WebOSDr.

I'm assuming you know how to install novacom drivers on your desktop, or you probably wouldn't have been able to brick your Pre. So, assuming you've been able to run things like novaterm and/or WebOSQuickInstall, just do the following:

1) Turn your Pre completely off. If it's so messed up that you can't turn it off, remove the battery to kill it. If you have to take the battery out, leave it out until I tell you to put it back it.
    2) Plug your Pre into the USB port on your computer.
    3) Press and hold the volume up button. Do NOT let go of the volume up button until I tell you to.
    4) Turn on your Pre. If you had to remove the battery, put it back in now.
    5) Within a few seconds at most, (maybe instantly) you should see a large USB symbol that fills the screen of the Pre. Once you see that symbol, you can let go of the volume up button.
    6) On your desktop run the WebOSDoctor. It should be a .jar file. When you double click on it, depending on what OS you have and what other software you have installed, it may try to open it like a .zip file. This is NOT what you want to do. If that happens, close out whatever opens, and then right click the WebOSDoctor and select "run with Java" or something like that.
    7) From there, you'll get a nice friendly program that you will basically just dumby-click though.

*The whole process usually takes about 20 minutes, but 'can' take up to an hour.

**This won't work if your battery is below 30%, so when in doubt, charge it for a couple hours first.
    From step 7 is were it all gets <messed> up it says checking system and then prompts me to plug in my phone??
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/14/2009 at 10:45 PM.
  8.    #8  
    holy <elizabethian opera> i think it worked this time!! looks like i no holes in the walls for me to repair this week. Thanks for your help. I did the volume up thing when it told me to plug in the phone I was doing it before running the doctor.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/14/2009 at 10:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by syeaman View Post
    holy <elizabethian opera> i think it worked this time!! looks like i no holes in the walls for me to repair this week. Thanks for your help. I did the volume up thing when it told me to plug in the phone I was doing it before running the doctor.
    Well, it shouldn't matter what order you do it in. Technically, you should be able to get that symbol on the screen with your Pre plugged into the wall charger or even with nothing plugged in at all, it's just good to do things in a set order.

Regardless, glad you got it working.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/14/2009 at 10:46 PM.
    I just had the same problem with my phone and the procedure listed above worked perfectly! thanks