Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Just went to the movie theater today and saw one of these for the first time. Sorry for the super grainy picture. As you can see, this kiosk features the Pre. Instructions are to basically text the word Sprint to a number. If you are a Sprint customer, you get a code back. You then hold the phone screen up to the red window at the right where it scans it and prints a voucher good for $1 off a concession item.

Had to try it a couple of times to get it to work. First time it gave me an error about my code being invalid. The second time around it worked fine and gave me the option of $1 off popcorn, soda, or candy. The little scanner window seemed to scan my phone really quickly. My Pre didn't even make solid contact with the window before it had accepted the code. Pretty cool.

wow that's sweet.
    That's pretty awesome!
    That IS cool. And a good excuse to go see a movie and find a theater that has these. Thanks for the heads up!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    So what City and what theater chain were you at? Regal, AMC, Cinemark, etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockyjay View Post
    So what City and what theater chain were you at? Regal, AMC, Cinemark, etc?
    That's what I'd like to know. All the theaters around here are Regal, except for 2 very small local only theaters. I'll have to take a look the next time I go see a show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    wow that's sweet.
    Or buttery...
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    That's pretty sweet!
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Wow, that's sweet and salty. And a darn good innovative idea on Sprint's part.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    This was at the Malco theater in Memphis, TN. If anyone is in the Memphis area, the one I saw it at was their Paradiso location. It really is pretty innovative. It's great for me because I have Sprint and get a discount. Then all my friends standing around watching me get a discount were sad they couldn't get one because they didn't have Sprint.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Definitly cool. I could see this being a huge new marketing push. Hopefully other places take this idea and use it.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I got a letter on this in the mail from Sprint. I forget what theater chain they were working with. It wasn't Malco though as mentioned above. I want to say Marcus...
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    Wow, I can finally go out and see District 9, too lazy to see a movie but wanna try this out lol.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Wow, I can finally go out and see District 9, too lazy to see a movie but wanna try this out lol.
    dude, good movie. I just finished it yesterday on my pre.

But i'd suggest waiting for it to come to dvd or download it. Don't pay movie theater prices for it and you'll appreciate it more. lol
    ditto the above posts, GREAT idea, and just think about how this could be applied in other areas. Go to the grocery store, load up on coupon codes, pick up a code and save 10% at Best Buy, etc. Awesome!
    I don't see nothing? (as in, grainy picture?) still sounds like a cool idea.
    Pretty cool way to advertise. At my theater in IL they are always playing Sprint commercials. But no coupon display at my location.
    Last edited by Boggs3010; 10/07/2009 at 09:42 AM. Reason: cause I made a ....typo :(
    This is very neat. Being hands on and interactive makes it much better marketing than just texting a number and getting a code back that you give directly to a cashier or something.

So saving $1 makes popcorn, what..."only" $56.50 for a child size.
    I'll bite: what the hell are you talking about?
    pretty cool .... thats new technology! lov it!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast