1.    #1  
    Occasionally i notice that pressing on the front of my Pre near the earphone is waking up my Pre... its driving me crazy because i cant reproduce on que, so i cant take it to sprint and say see look, then nothing happens... i even saw my cat step on that spot by accident and sure enough the phone woke up... i also tried to do it after the cat did by pressing on that area and after a few tries, bam phone wakes up... whats the deal, anyone else have this?
  2.    #2  
    any day time posters have any answers
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    thats pretty wacky... is your power button mashed in or anything like that? Maybe the pressure on the screen is tripping the power switch?
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    thats pretty wacky... is your power button mashed in or anything like that? Maybe the pressure on the screen is tripping the power switch?
    that would be my guess
  5.    #5  
    if this gets worse, do you think its something sprint would exchange as hardware failure? i have the full insurance, but sure dont want to pay 100 bucks
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    mine has been doing this almost since i got the phone. for awhile i thought that it was just in my pocket and i hit the button randomly. then i noticed if i tap the screen it would come on. not every time but almost every time. i thought about taking it to the tech store but thats 20 miles out of the way. plus with the damn sprint phones the problem only happens when its no where near the sprint store, or will only do it till they take it in the back room and bring it back saying "oh well we cant get it to recreate the same problem so it must be fixed".

its annoying and drains the battery any fix ideas?

the power button seems to be fine on my device.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tim135150 View Post
    mine has been doing this almost since i got the phone. for awhile i thought that it was just in my pocket and i hit the button randomly. then i noticed if i tap the screen it would come on. not every time but almost every time. i thought about taking it to the tech store but thats 20 miles out of the way. plus with the damn sprint phones the problem only happens when its no where near the sprint store, or will only do it till they take it in the back room and bring it back saying "oh well we cant get it to recreate the same problem so it must be fixed".

its annoying and drains the battery any fix ideas?

the power button seems to be fine on my device.

funny thing is that just like you, i originally thought it was me smashing the power button while pulling it out of my pocket at first... it wasn't until i saw my cat step on the pre and wake it up did i realize i wasnt crazy... i can't reroduce the problem as often as you seem to be able to, but its still annoying
  8.    #8  
    UPDATE: well the weird pressing the pre and waking it up problem got much worst and frequent... i woke up today and could barely touch the phone without it waking up, and if i was talking on it and pressed it very hard it would cut my voice out on the other end... i took it to a sprint repair center and they are sending my a refurbished phone and will call when its in... so if the others here are still having this problem get it looked at before it gets as bad as mine... i believe it was related to my minor oreo twist problem and some components coming in contact with each other that shouldn't