1.    #1  
    This seems like it should be fairly straightforward, but I can't figure out how to do it. I have AIM, Gtalk, and YahooIM accounts in the Messaging app. However, I only want to sign into YahooIM. Has anyone figured out how to do this yet?

It seems like it's an all-or-nothing deal, which is pretty frustrating. The only semi-workaround I have found is to sign on to AIM from another computer, where I would then get a msg from AIM saying that I'm logged on from another computer, and send a "1" to sign off from that other location (the pre), then quit AIM on the computer. Yes, it's super-annoying. I'm hoping that there's some super-obvious way of selectively logging into various IM services on the pre that I'm just not aware of. Oh please please please.

UPDATE: I think I've found the answer. See my post #4 in this thread.

Unfortunately, it's all or nothing.
    I thought I was able to do this at one time, but now that I think about it, I think it was only right when I added a new chat account that it showed only being signed into 1 of the 2 accounts.
    I also can not find any way to sign into only a specific account.

Sorry...
  4.    #4  
    Good news! I think I've figured out how to do it. Can people try this and confirm?

1) Launch "Messaging" app
    2) Go into the menu in the top-left corner and click on "Preferences & Accounts"
    3) Select the account you want to sign on, then click "Sign In"
    4) Now go back to your Buddies List view and you should see the green circle only half-filled.
  5.    #5  
    N/M that was short-lived It looks like after a while, the phone logs on to the other accounts as well. This blows, because don't want AIM to run all the time due to the battery drain issue, but I do want YahooIM running all the time.