Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I remember when the Pre came out it was on the Best 5 Phones.
    It was also 3rd on Best Sprint Phones.

Now it's not even on the Best 5 Phones list.
    And it's 5th on Best Sprint Phones.
    Oh, and 5th on Best Smartphones.

I really don't understand. I consider this multi-tasking thing a big deal. I would not be able to live if I wasn't able to leave an application open while doing something else...

Well, CNET still needs to update their review for the recent WebOS updates.
    The reason I checked cause I've been seeing Pre's more and more and more people talking about it lately and more news....
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Meh... I am seriously not surprised. I am really disappointed on the palm pre right now, and actually feel bad for having it... I don't want to sound like an *** neither.. I do understand it's a new OS and what not.. But meh... Idk.. It's really not meeting my expectations..
    Quote Originally Posted by afromann13 View Post
    Meh... I am seriously not surprised. I am really disappointed on the palm pre right now, and actually feel bad for having it... I don't want to sound like an *** neither.. I do understand it's a new OS and what not.. But meh... Idk.. It's really not meeting my expectations..
    "Because I got high, because I got high, because I got high, na na na na na na..."

(For those that don't get it, search Afroman on Youtube)
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Can you tell why? I have the Pre and I love it very much!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    I remember when the Pre came out it was on the Best 5 Phones.
    It was also 3rd on Best Sprint Phones.

Now it's not even on the Best 5 Phones list.
    And it's 5th on Best Sprint Phones.
    Oh, and 5th on Best Smartphones.

I really don't understand. I consider this multi-tasking thing a big deal. I would not be able to live if I wasn't able to leave an application open while doing something else...

Well, CNET still needs to update their review for the recent WebOS updates.
    The reason I checked cause I've been seeing Pre's more and more and more people talking about it lately and more news....
    CNET shows a slight biased towards iPhone, and anything Verizon. At least that's how I see it
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I am doing fine with the OS tbh. The tweaks and themes are making the phone awesome!
    I'm disappointed with the hardware... I got the oreo effect. (I hate getting refurbished phones back from Sprint instead of new phones).

However, once this phone gets video recording and flash... I will go ape****. That's all I need to survive... I don't care for paid apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    "Because I got high, because I got high, because I got high, na na na na na na..."

(For those that don't get it, search Afroman on Youtube)

"Colt 45 and two zig zags, baby that's all we need!"
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bikini View Post
    Can you tell why? I have the Pre and I love it very much!
    Don't get me wrong I do like the phone, but there is something missing for me. No i am not looking for an iphone copy phone.. I just really wanted to be able to have a good set of applications by this date, and every other small thing the phone is missing without me having to get homebrews/patches .. ect..
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Its a shame CNET has such a market presence 'cus counting on CNET reviews to make an educated decision is as useful as asking an Apple/Windows/Linux guy what computer is best or what phone is best.

The Pre has its issues but its still better than most and competitive with the rest. At worst it has features that others don't and doesn't have features that others do, basically making the choice a personal one.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I personaly love the Pre. It has met my expectations. Love the multitasking and the way it syncs so easy with Google. I've had it since launch day and each update gets better.
    Don't get me wrong I do like the phone, but there is something missing for me. No i am not looking for an iphone copy phone.. I just really wanted to be able to have a good set of applications by this date, and every other small thing the phone is missing without me having to get homebrews/patches .. ect..
    You do realize Palm has came out with not only OS updates, but an App catalog with 1 app months..even YEARS faster than any other company right? Let alone the speed at which our developers have worked, rivals even WinMo and the old PalmOS....

Seriously, there are things that bother me about the Pre and WebOS as well, and have since the start. BUT, give credit where credit is due. If you really purchased a brand new OS and are upset at *only* having a completely open OS and app catalog after less than 5 months of release, you are using the wrong device and have unrealistic expectations. Maybe you should learn how to program a simple language, and see how easy and fast it is to right a simple app, let alone program a completely new and innovative phone from scratch, as well as an App catalog program/server/server side program etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post

"Colt 45 and two zig zags, baby that's all we need!"
    There's some naughty words in there. I'm embarrassed.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    CNET shows a slight biased towards iPhone, and anything Verizon. At least that's how I see it
    I agree 100%. they never mention in their reviews that verizon disables certain features in their phones.....something that a few other sites tend to include
    to me a brand new phone, a brand new OS, a brand new app catalog, a brand new everything, IT MEETS MY EXPECTATIONS. let me please know when some thing brand new comes out perfect please. ohh wait vista is coming out how long has microsoft been trying to get a greas os going?? will it be perfect??? how long has the pre been out????
  15. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Hmmmmm. I've just spent several minutes assessing the functionality of my Pre. I'm thrilled to report that the existence of some review or some ranking list doesn't seem to have had any effect whatsoever. My Pre is exactly as valuable to me after reading this as it was before.
    Umm...I swear I watched a video on CNET yesterday of the best five phones and it was number 5. Some LG Verizon phone was number one and the iPhone was number 3 I believe.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    CNET picked the LG Voyager as an "Editors Choice", and ranked the Lg EnV Touch higher than the Pre. AND, while the Storm has some issues, they said the Omnia was better, and if you've EVER used an Omnia you would know that is just ludicrous.

Nough said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmakar169 View Post
    Umm...I swear I watched a video on CNET yesterday of the best five phones and it was number 5. Some LG Verizon phone was number one and the iPhone was number 3 I believe.
    Knew I was not crazy...from 9/25:

cnettv.cnet.com/8301-13415_53-10356068-11.html?tag=rtcol;relnews
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    You do realize Palm has came out with not only OS updates, but an App catalog with 1 app months..even YEARS faster than any other company right? Let alone the speed at which our developers have worked, rivals even WinMo and the old PalmOS....

Seriously, there are things that bother me about the Pre and WebOS as well, and have since the start. BUT, give credit where credit is due. If you really purchased a brand new OS and are upset at *only* having a completely open OS and app catalog after less than 5 months of release, you are using the wrong device and have unrealistic expectations. Maybe you should learn how to program a simple language, and see how easy and fast it is to right a simple app, let alone program a completely new and innovative phone from scratch, as well as an App catalog program/server/server side program etc.
    I don't fully buy into your "unrealistic expectations" argument. The bar has been raised by apple and consumers such as myself have come to expect certain features and performance as "standard" for smartphones.

Sure Palm is working and releasing updates and features as fast as they can but to the user all they see is the end result which unfortunately is sluggish performance and minimal applications.

Keep in mind not everyone is a "tech geek/nerd" so asking the average Joe to try writing their own code to appreciate how hard programming is, is falling on deaf ears.

Do you think about how hard hard it must have been to build or how much research and planning went into your car when it breaks down?

I like webOS a lot but I'm not letting them of the hook that easy.
    u can always get a iphone, end of story
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast