Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Something I learned a long time ago with some of these sites that review phones,(cnet, phonedog, ect...) Is they play with a phone for 5 min then base there review! Whats his name Nora from phonedog, nice guy but fricken moron. I watched his review of the palm the night I got it and new more about it because I played with it then he did in his review. Cnet, well Nora looks like a genious compared to the folks over there! Biased probably, if it's not easy enough for a 5 year old to figure out then down the list you go definately! Isnt it a "smart" phone! So dummies need not review.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I'm posting this reply while listening to Pandora, chatting with friends via SMS and GoogleTalk, all at the same time.

Good enough for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by spartca View Post
    I'm posting this reply while listening to Pandora, chatting with friends via SMS and GoogleTalk, all at the same time.

Good enough for me!
    +1
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by afromann13 View Post
    Meh... I am seriously not surprised. I am really disappointed on the palm pre right now, and actually feel bad for having it... I don't want to sound like an *** neither.. I do understand it's a new OS and what not.. But meh... Idk.. It's really not meeting my expectations..
    The Pre is from Palm. That may mean little more than "another brand" to those that never owned a Treo, but to the hundreds of thousands that have, it means a lot. Palm has been community developer driven for a very long time (before the iPhone's inception) and the hardware has been seriously lacking since the 700 series.
    So, the Pre and WebOS IS a different animal from the rest. Palm has provided cutting edge hardware in a beautiful and unique package as the starting point. And a completely new OS that is fully open source.
    Current and long-time Palm users and afficienados are thrilled! It's exciting to see every day what is being done and what capabilities in the hardware are being unlocked.
    WebOSQI, all the HomeBrews, PreWare, FileCoaster et al are amazing accomplishments. And now the new policy from Palm on the AppStore (as reported by Dieter), their hiring of talented people to make the relationship with the developer community richer, the announcement of Adobe Flash 10.1 coming to the Pre first, four OS updates in four months, GSM versions already ready to go out to Europe. The list of advances just gets longer every single day.
    That is why (to me) so many are so enthused over this device, OS and company.

That said, I will agree that if a user has never lived with a Palm device before and got the Pre because they wanted the latest, greatest smartphone, the may well be dissapointed. It is not a smartphone. It is a personal device that is also a phone. And it is by no means fully mature and developed.

The Pre and WebOS is a child. About 1 year old now (learning to walk, almost able to feed itself, but still can't handle the potty alone). It's growing fast and will probably be ten or so by the end of the year and starting junior high next year. It needs time and encouragement in these early stages of it's life.

May Palm, Pre and WebOS live long and prosper.
    (all of the above is IMO of course)
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Thanks cnote1287.

I actually was able to get rid of my DSL and overpriced (for data) cell phone plans when I got the pre, both from AT&T. They no longer own my *** to the tune of $200/mo. Yay!

When flash comes to the pre, there will be little I cannot do with it.

Incuding some of my favorite (ahem) "social networking" sites lol.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12