Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Yup, uninstall and reinstall seems to have worked. Thanks xxbeanxx!!!
    ahh.. So reinstalling sprintnav works? I guess all that other stuff I tried was just wasted time. Just a coincidence.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I can confirm that I got Sprint Navigation working on my Verizon Palm Pre+. I initially had trouble with the GPS as mentioned above, but a reinstall seems to have fixed this.

**However, I'm unsure if the GPS trouble was due to me testing in doors.**
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Yup, uninstall and reinstall seems to have worked. Thanks xxbeanxx!!!
    Thought it worked but this morning my GPS stopped working again. I'm going to revert back to the previous version and see how that works.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Confirmed - same issue as Quintus. My GPS stopped working after the night. Let me know how the previous version work, Quintus.

Edit: I also performed a reinstall.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon- View Post
    Confirmed - same issue as Quintus. My GPS stopped working after the night. Let me know how the previous version work, Quintus.

Edit: I also performed a reinstall.
    Nope, nothing seems to be working. Strange because it can tell my current location when I search for something but when I try to get directions, it says that my current location cannot be found.

Could be that Palm did something in 1.3.5.1 to break our use of Sprint Nav to protect subscriptions to Verizon's TeleNav app at $10/month.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    BTW, I even tried different combinations of install i.e. old service w/ new app and new service w/ old app. No go.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxbeanxx View Post
    okay mine is working again and I don't know why exactly, but here's what I did...

turned on wifi, connected to my home network.. Tried google maps..had GPS.

turned off wifi, tried google maps, no GPS.

went under location services, turned off "locate by google", tried google maps (on Ev).. It worked.

went back to location services, reenabled locate by google, tried google maps on Ev, worked.

(?????)

anyway my gps is back finally. Multiple reboots and battery pulls didn't help but what I just described did.
    I just did this and I THINK my GPS is working. I'm inside a building and can't get a GPS lock but Google Maps and Sprint Nav can acquire a position. When I go outside I'll test it out.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I've re-installed Sprint Nav 1.3.5.1 ans disabled Google location services and now everything is working! I'll try again tomorrow morning and see if all is well. Starting to think that Google Location Services might be the culprit. But who knows?!?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    OK, day 2 and everything is still working fine.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Here in Italy with Sprint Navigation, after logging only with First and Last name without email, I get :

"Could not obtain necessary information: Carrier network returned failure"

Any help?

Thank you
    I installed it. Havent checked it out yet, but i am worried about receiving extra charges. Can anyone confirm this that it just uses data? If it costs extra im going to uninstall it
    And how much data does it use if that is all that it uses? An estimate per say
    Quote Originally Posted by chrispazz View Post
    Here in Italy with Sprint Navigation, after logging only with First and Last name without email, I get :

"Could not obtain necessary information: Carrier network returned failure"

Any help?

Thank you
    I'm getting the same. UK o2 Pre
    Please could someone who has this working send me their:
    /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/000000000000002d.db

file, and perhaps any other files which are in:
    /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/

Let's see if there's something in the database which could be changed to bypass the screen which asks for name/e-mail.

Please .zip up, upload to Rapidshare or similar and PM me (and post here so others know too), I'd really appeciate it, many thanks!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    We need some patch to force fake carrier information..... :/
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    OK, day 2 and everything is still working fine.
    Cool. In addition to getting things working fine, I have to strongly recommend that any serious GPS user enable all the additional GPS modes: Autonomous, Assisted, and Cached which are available on the GPS chip installed in the Pre. Thanks to Ebag333 for this "how to" thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-cached.html

The instructions appear complex but if you follow them closely, the results are worth the time. My Palm GPS is now locking in within seconds and is even capable of locking onto satellites indoors! I was never able to get the Pre to lock on to a satellite in my home and now, boom....lock, stock and barrel I can get a lock almost anywhere.

Now, if only TomTom would release a standalone WebOS version of Navigator!!!!!

Can you tell I'm excited!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott1 View Post
    Please could someone who has this working send me their:
    /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/000000000000002d.db

file, and perhaps any other files which are in:
    /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/

Let's see if there's something in the database which could be changed to bypass the screen which asks for name/e-mail.

Please .zip up, upload to Rapidshare or similar and PM me (and post here so others know too), I'd really appeciate it, many thanks!
    Please could someone send me this, still waiting! Cheers!
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    There is nothing wrong with the gps app. I still use the 1.3.5 version and I had like a week of down time. Is been 2 days everything works great again. I don't use the easy install or any other gimmics, just a terminal and the regular linux commands. Wget is your friend to upload files safe to your pre. Will update the version this weekend.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Facing the same problem as Scott1 and chrispazz ("Could not obtain necessary information: Carrier network returned failure").

There must be a way to bypass this error but if the files Scott1 asked for are not received he will not have even a chance to try.
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast