Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    I just tried this and the SDK download link is broken. Palm's updating it apparently...

http: // developer. palm. com (get rid of the spaces...I don't have 10 posts...)
    It works now...and so does Sprint Nav! Awesome.
    ok I got both these files copied to my pre

com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-69_armv7.ipk
    com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-70_armv7.ipk

When I try to install the ipk files I get this error ?

root@palm-webos-device: ipkg install /com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-69_armv7.ipk
    ipkg: /com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-69_armv7.ipk: No such file or directory
    An error ocurred, return value: 22.
    root@palm-webos-device:
    Some people are like a Slinky...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Brainfade,

Did you "install" the files or "send" them to your Pre? You are supposed to use the "send" tool in QI not the "install" function. If you installed it using the install function, delete the app from your launcher the usual way and start over.
  5.    #125  
    should be working for 1.3.5.1 and 1.3.5 anyone having problems?
    Why wait for "official" updates, when you can roll your own
    I "sent" them to my pre with QI. Still no luck. Does anyone have screencaps of the Linux Commandline box. After a successful install of the ipk files ? I'm on Bell 1.3.5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Brainfade,

Did you "install" the files or "send" them to your Pre? You are supposed to use the "send" tool in QI not the "install" function. If you installed it using the install function, delete the app from your launcher the usual way and start over.
    Some people are like a Slinky...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs
    I just doctored my pre to webos 1.3.5.1 (bell) and tried to install sprint navigation only to find I have no disk space free on /

Anybody else encounter this?

Code:
    # df -h
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    rootfs                  441.7M    441.7M         0 100% /
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    So this is not working with GSM pre in european countries?
    I've got this installed on my verizon pre. It can't seem to get a signal with the GPS. Any luck out there.
    Strange.. I installed the newest sprint nav from 1.3.5 sprint webosdoctor and didn't actually test the GPS.. Tonight I tried it out and I cannot get a GPS signal in neither sprint nav nor google maps. I am running webos repair on it now. If that doesn't turn up anything I will try removing sprint nav to see if my gps comes back.
    I got it...in navigation settings, turn everything off and then back on. Worked for me and my wife's
    No go for me, where did you find "navigation settings"
    I went under location services and turned everything off there and also turned off find using GPS and find using google.

didn't work
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diov View Post
    should be working for 1.3.5.1 and 1.3.5 anyone having problems?
    When I upgraded to Sprint Nav on 1.3.5.1, I lost my GPS. No signal in either Sprint Nav or Google Maps.

I am going to try to revert back to the application in 1.3.5.
    okay mine is working again and I don't know why exactly, but here's what I did...

turned on wifi, connected to my home network.. Tried google maps..had GPS.

turned off wifi, tried google maps, no GPS.

went under location services, turned off "locate by google", tried google maps (on Ev).. It worked.

went back to location services, reenabled locate by google, tried google maps on Ev, worked.

(?????)

anyway my gps is back finally. Multiple reboots and battery pulls didn't help but what I just described did.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    We may need some assistance here from the likes of Jason.

Sprint Nav is installed on my device (Bell Pre 1.3.5.1) but it does not show up as an application in QI to uninstall nor can I remove it using command "ipkg remove". When I try to install the earlier version of 1.3.5 via command line on QI, I get an error message that I'm not permitted to downgrade the app.

The app is not working and my GPS is totally disabled.
    I removed sprint nav using ipkg remove just fine (it didn't help, and I subsequently reinstalled it)

GPS is working fine now w/ sprint nav installed (and working)
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xxbeanxx View Post
    I removed sprint nav using ipkg remove just fine (it didn't help, and I subsequently reinstalled it)

GPS is working fine now w/ sprint nav installed (and working)
    Strange, I keep getting "No packages removed. Nothing to be done" message.
    did you use the full package name minus the version #?

also remove the .app package first
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xxbeanxx View Post
    did you use the full package name minus the version #?

also remove the .app package first
    OK, that seemed to work better. Thanks...didn't know that you had to remove the version # to uninstall.

Should I reinstall the same version or go back to the version with 1.3.5?
    Last edited by Quintus; 01/25/2010 at 07:41 PM.
    I reinstalled the latest version and it is working fine now.
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast