Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi BrickTop

no I have not. I'm hoping for the release of the new Classic version in the app catalog and will then try if I get TomTom 6 working.

HaPe
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi BrickTop

no I have not. I'm hoping for the release of the new Classic version in the app catalog and will then try if I get TomTom 6 working.

HaPe
    What are you guys using to try and login?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diov View Post
    What are you guys using to try and login?
    no login required for TomTom 6 but you need to have purchased a key before you load the maps onto the Palm handheld as I recall.

Does Classic now have access to GPS services? I didn't think it did but I may be wrong. If so, I'm going to spend some time uploading the software and maps.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    no login required for TomTom 6 but you need to have purchased a key before you load the maps onto the Palm handheld as I recall.
    You are right. You do not need to have any online connection. You load the maps and the software on the Palms SD card.

Does Classic now have access to GPS services? I didn't think it did but I may be wrong. If so, I'm going to spend some time uploading the software and maps.
    No it has not. But I think boutooth in Classic is working right now. So I would like to give it a try if it finds my external GPS mouse. If this is working I will try if TomTom is working from the virtual SD card and finds the boutooth GPS mouse.

HaPe
  5. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llandry View Post
    Still the same command result: IPKG: Invalid Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by llandry View Post
    Hey guys. Thanks for all the instructions and useful tools. I am in the process of getting Sprint Nav to work, but keep getting an error when trying to unpack the sprint files on the device

root@castle:/# ipkg install /com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-64_armv7.ipk
    ipkg install /com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-64_armv7.ipk
    ipkg: Invalid magic

Any suggestion on how to proceed?

Thanks a bunch!
    Did you ever find out what the issue was? Just tried this process (for the first time) and also got invalid magic. I'll try with a fresh copy in case something is wrong with the ipk file.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I tried to upgrade to the new version and received the dreaded "invalid magic" error. Must be something wrong with the ipk or the manner in which the file is being extracted because I had no problems reverting back to the older version. I used WinZip to extract the Sprint apps. I will try using a different application to extract the files and see what happens. Too bad that the download link in the OP has been deleted although I understand the copyright concerns.

I'll report back shortly.

Edit: I think I have solved the problem. I downloaded the zip file again but this time I opened it using a program called "stuffit". There is a free version you could get on the net or just use the trial version. Extract the files from the "webosdoctorp100ewwsprint" winzip file using Stuffit and then go to the winzip file called "Sprint" found under the sub-folder "resources" and extract the files from there using the "stuffit" application. From there, follow the instructions on the OP for installing and all should work well.

There must be something corrupting the "ipk" files when they are extracted using WinZip. I am using version 8.1 of WinZip. Maybe there is a newer version which will not cause the corruption.

Anyways, I hope this was useful for those who have been getting the dreaded "invalid magic" error when attempting to install sprint apps.
    Last edited by Quintus; 12/02/2009 at 03:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    No it has not. But I think bluetooth in Classic is working right now. So I would like to give it a try if it finds my external GPS mouse. If this is working I will try if TomTom is working from the virtual SD card and finds the boutooth GPS mouse.

HaPe
    Not sure if BT is working in Classic. In any event, I can't seem to get TomTom to work in Classic. I keep getting an armcode error when I try to launch it!

Have you gotten TomTom to at least launch in Classic?
    worked like a charm~~ Thanks a lot!
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Not sure if BT is working in Classic. In any event, I can't seem to get TomTom to work in Classic. I keep getting an armcode error when I try to launch it!

Have you gotten TomTom to at least launch in Classic?
    That doesn't sound good. I have now chance to test it right now as Classic is still missing in the German app catalog.

HaPe
    ...using the "stuffit" application. From there, follow the instructions on the OP for installing and all should work well..

Anyways, I hope this was useful for those who have been getting the dreaded "invalid magic" error when attempting to install sprint apps.
    Thanks Quintus...That did the trick! I had tried extracting with both Winzip and Winrar, but got the same errors everytime. Using Stuffit Expander 2010 worked perfectly.

And many thanks to everyone that helped bring this app to life for us Bell users...I'll be trying it out in the Moncton area.

Cheers!
  11.    #111  
    thanks quintus, I've updated the original post, for this.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    What Sprint Link does?

I Installed Sprint Nav, piece of cake. I used wget, instead of Jason's app. I entered the name and email, it is used to allow others get back to you when you sent them an address. I think I'm the first to rate a gas station in Montreal.

Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    What Sprint Link does?

I Installed Sprint Nav, piece of cake. I used wget, instead of Jason's app. I entered the name and email, it is used to allow others get back to you when you sent them an address. I think I'm the first to rate a gas station in Montreal.

sprint link is really just an icon, that launches the browser to what is basically sprint's WAP portal.
    One thing nobody has seemed to mention yet is whether Canadian users will incurr charges for using SprintNav. Does anybody know?
    That all looks lovely, but seems like too much work for me lol
    plus I'm getting a new pre soon, and it would be pointless to do all this work just to receive a new one in a week or so.

THanks though!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xxbeanxx View Post
    One thing nobody has seemed to mention yet is whether Canadian users will incurr charges for using SprintNav. Does anybody know?
    There are no charges to using Sprint Nav other than your usual data plan charges with Bell Mobility. I have been using it for some time now and can vouch for this.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lissah xox View Post
    plus I'm getting a new pre soon, and it would be pointless to do all this work just to receive a new one in a week or so.

THanks though!
    To each his own, but the Sprint Nav is one of those must have apps for me given that there is absolutely nothing else out there (other than Google Maps of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by lissah xox View Post

THanks though!
    It sounds scary but it's really not. Once you have the Sprint files, it takes a couple of minutes to do, and wow - Nav on your phone!

If you change your mind, there's lots of people that can help you walk through it. If I'd thought of it, I would have done a better tutorial, but I was in the midst of hacking the Bell WebOSDoctor to get 1.3.5 on it and just was too excited to have the latest before Bell released it.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I'm running on a Germany bought Pre with Bell 1.2.1 patched with the Sprint 1.3.5 using a Swiss carrier (SWISSCOM) roaming from Finland (Yes, sounds complicated......). Everything works perfectly OK. I have 3G Data working perfectly OK.
    Installed SPRINT Navigation as per instruction. No problems with that.
    When launching Navigation, I cannot get past the Login screen. After entering First Name and Last Name, the error message is "Could not Log in. Could not obtain necessary information. Carrier Network returned failure".
    Is it possible that SPRINT Nav is not working on GSM phones? Or anything I can do to get it working? Thanks for support
    Quote Originally Posted by mullern View Post
    I'm running on a Germany bought Pre with Bell 1.2.1 patched with the Sprint 1.3.5 using a Swiss carrier (SWISSCOM) roaming from Finland (Yes, sounds complicated......). Everything works perfectly OK. I have 3G Data working perfectly OK.
    Installed SPRINT Navigation as per instruction. No problems with that.
    When launching Navigation, I cannot get past the Login screen. After entering First Name and Last Name, the error message is "Could not Log in. Could not obtain necessary information. Carrier Network returned failure".
    Is it possible that SPRINT Nav is not working on GSM phones? Or anything I can do to get it working? Thanks for support
    Maybe try using the Sprint Nav files from the 1.3.1 build. I got the same error using the 1.3.5 Sprint Nav files. When I used the 1.3.1 nav files, it worked fine.