Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    I noticed the link isn't working too... Would love to give this a try.
    Just extract the files yourself.

Download the Sprint WebOSDoctor (Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals)

Open it with something like WinRar or 7zip, then extract /resources/Sprint.tar and all the ipks are in it.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    anyone figured how to get canadian cc to work on Amazon MP3 Store
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Just extract the files yourself.

Download the Sprint WebOSDoctor (Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals)

Open it with something like WinRar or 7zip, then extract /resources/Sprint.tar and all the ipks are in it.
    Will do. Didn't realize the files were already packaged in ipks. I'll post how it works for me. Thanks Jason.
    Hey guys, it seems the download link for the packages no longer works. Is anyone able to upload the telenav ipkg's to rapidshare or the likes?

Thanks in advance.
    Thanks Jason,

I just installed the NAV app and it works just fine !!! I'm very happy !!
    I extracted the files from webOSDoctor like you explained and installed through WebOsQuickinstall 2.82. All went well!

Thanks again!
  7. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I'll have to give this a try.
    1) Has anyone who got this working been subsequently hit by the reoccuring OTA WebOS update issue?
    2) I know we don't have to remove HB apps before an OTA WebOS update, but what about this?
    Thanks!
  8.    #68  
    Hey guys,

Sorry the download link wasn't working, I pulled it from my server because I was tipped by destinal that it could be copyright infringement, Just to be safe. In its place I've added easy instructions to extract the app files from WebOS Doctor.

Everything's working fine with that method of getting the apps, it's what I did to get the apps in the first place.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vij View Post
    I'll have to give this a try.
    1) Has anyone who got this working been subsequently hit by the reoccuring OTA WebOS update issue?
    2) I know we don't have to remove HB apps before an OTA WebOS update, but what about this?
    Thanks!
    1) No, it shouldn't be a problem because only a handful of homebrew apps put their files in the / directory, which is what causes the reoccurring updates and Sprint wouldn't do it.

2) It won't make a difference if you remove the homebrew apps before an update because the files will stay there, the only answer is to use WebOS Doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by diov View Post
    1) No, it shouldn't be a problem because only a handful of homebrew apps put their files in the / directory, which is what causes the reoccurring updates and Sprint wouldn't do it.

2) It won't make a difference if you remove the homebrew apps before an update because the files will stay there, the only answer is to use WebOS Doctor.
    I believe the issue is installing ipks to the root partition, in which case these may apply. However given they're built in with the Sprint Doctor, I'm not certain they'd cause issue.
    Thanks guys. Just got sprint nav on my bell palm pre after trying for about 2 hours. About to go for a drive and see how well it works.
    I just added the Nav app and it seems to work great. No issues with the install, and put in a name for the login and presto. Haven't taken it for a drive yet, but things look good.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    +1 This works great so far. It was a little tricky getting it installed at first but now that it is, I'm really pleased with it. Found directions for everything I threw at it. I want to go for a drive now to test it out.

Many many thanks
  14.    #74  
    Good to hear everything worked out for you guys. If you have any questions feel free to let me know.
    Got the sprint nav working great, found my way to work this morning :P

Got Amazon Store installed too, but still having issue with the Canadian credit card, maybe I need a US credit card....hmmm.

Anyone got any ideas?
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreLover29
    Got the sprint nav working great, found my way to work this morning :P

Got Amazon Store installed too, but still having issue with the Canadian credit card, maybe I need a US credit card....hmmm.

Anyone got any ideas?
    I checked it out and yes, the issue is with both the billing address and the country your credit card is from. What I recommend is that you create a separate amazon account just for mp3's that uses an American billing address of a company or friend down there, like Microsoft. For the credit card issue, you can get a prepaid visa or master card from the states (next time your there or you can get one online) and top it up online.

On a side note, to sign up for my account I was using a proxy called http://www.tunneldirect.com though, it shouldn't make a difference as long as you have an American billing address and credit card.
  17.    #77  
    Does anyone know if the Sprint Apps are working on the GSM Pres across the pond?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Will we need to uninstall the Sprint apps (Sprint Nav in particular) prior to the next update or can we leave these apps as is come update time?

I know that this has been asked above but I don't think there was a clear answer given by Diov as he makes reference to the WebOS doctor in his response. Or maybe we just don't know yet?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Great job Diov and Jason! Thanks to developers like yourselves, I'm loving my Pre more and more by each passing day.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Will we need to uninstall the Sprint apps (Sprint Nav in particular) prior to the next update or can we leave these apps as is come update time?

I know that this has been asked above but I don't think there was a clear answer given by Diov as he makes reference to the WebOS doctor in his response. Or maybe we just don't know yet?
    To be honest, I'm not sure yet. But, to be safe I would uninstall them before any update because, it may cause the reoccurring update problem.

When the next update rolls around I'll leave them to see how it goes. The worst that would happen is having to use WebOS Doctor on my Pre.
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast