Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 373
  1.    #41  
    Ok guys, regarding a VPN that would get the NASCAR and NFL apps working, I'm thinking Hotspot Shield, does anyone else know any free VPN servers based in the US?
  2. #42  
    diov, ya seem to have mixed up mine and Quintus' instructions. With the 2.8 linux commandline, remounting is not necessary as webosquickinstall has already taken care of that
  3.    #43  
    Thanks Jason! The instructions should be fixed now.
  4. #44  
    Sorry should I come across as being uninformed (read 'dumb') but does this mean that in theory I could install and use Sprint Nav on a GSM Pre and use it on a trip to the US?
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Jens View Post
    Sorry should I come across as being uninformed (read 'dumb') but does this mean that in theory I could install and use Sprint Nav on a GSM Pre and use it on a trip to the US?
    Theoretically, yea
  6. nzrfwj's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #46  
    Any chance the Sprint \ NAV \ Amazon install will be availbale via Preware?
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by nzrfwj View Post
    Any chance the Sprint \ NAV \ Amazon install will be availbale via Preware?
    It may be possible but, since it doesn't get installed into /var it might take a little extra to do.
  8. #48  
    Does anyone know how to setup an American Amazon account if you are in Canada? Any Houdini tricks out there? Thanks
  9.    #49  
    I think I canadian credit card would work, it does for other services. You should be able to sign up on a PC. Although, it might detect your ip address as canadian. If it does try an ip spoofer or vpn like HotSpot shield. Let me know how this goes for you.
  10. #50  
    Thanks diov....I'll give er a go!
  11. #51  
    The telenav app works great, I would say its the only app I was really missing, I donīt care more for the other ones.

    I live in Red Deer, AB. and works perfectly, It tells you name of streets, its precise on the instructions, no problems at all.

    Im so desperate for a road trip to try it in other cities.

    Thanks for the info...
  12. #52  
    The telenav app works great, I would say its the only app I was really missing, I donīt care more for the other ones.

    I live in Red Deer, AB. and works perfectly, It tells you name of streets, its precise on the instructions, no problems at all.

    Im so desperate for a road trip to try it in other cities.

    Thanks for the info...
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by nzrfwj View Post
    Any chance the Sprint \ NAV \ Amazon install will be availbale via Preware?
    Nope, I can confidently say that for certain.

    These aren't aren't technically allowed on non-Sprint devices and have, been hacked out out the Sprint WebOSDoctor. To get it Preware compatible, someone would have to break apart the ipk, modify the postinst/prerm scripts and rebuild to ipk form. Then, it would need to get uploaded to one of the ipkg feeds Preware uses. And I can tell you with certainty, WebOS-Internals team would not take this form of illegal software distribution kindly.

    Long story short, just be thankful no one's brought the hammer down on the current Sprint.tar download in post #1.
  14. hape's Avatar
    Posts
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    #54  
    Hi,

    i installed telenav app on my O2 GSM Pre. Isntall was fine. But after the login screen I get the message:

    Could not log in
    --------------
    Could not obtain necessary information:
    Carrier network returned failure

    Any idea how I could get arround this. Could it be that there is some function that calls information from you CSMD network that is not there in the GSM version?

    HaPe
  15. ch0co's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #55  
    I install Amazon MP3 store and other's; I searched for songs I tried purchasing them but it never signs in[when you put your email&pass) .. always says Login error try again later.
  16. ch0co's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi,

    i installed telenav app on my O2 GSM Pre. Isntall was fine. But after the login screen I get the message:

    Could not log in
    --------------
    Could not obtain necessary information:
    Carrier network returned failure

    Any idea how I could get arround this. Could it be that there is some function that calls information from you CSMD network that is not there in the GSM version?

    HaPe

    Okay I found the solution; same thing worked for my Amazon MP3 problem.

    make sure you install the dependencies; I think they contain plugin the app needs or something.. for example..install com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-64_armv7.ipk and com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-64_armv7.ipk

    I installed amazonservice_1.0-5_armv7.ipk to make my Amazon MP3 work.
  17. ch0co's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #57  
    I dont think canadian credit cards work.. cuz mine keeps saying unauthorized...& av used it on the main site before.....fine
  18. hape's Avatar
    Posts
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by ch0co View Post
    Okay I found the solution; same thing worked for my Amazon MP3 problem.

    make sure you install the dependencies; I think they contain plugin the app needs or something.. for example..install com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-64_armv7.ipk and com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-64_armv7.ipk

    I installed amazonservice_1.0-5_armv7.ipk to make my Amazon MP3 work.
    Hi, i removed and installed again the packages com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-64_armv7.ipk and then com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-64_armv7.ipk to be sure that I installed both and in the right order.
    Same result. Error after I entered the User Namen

    HaPe
  19. circuitjc's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #59  
    I installed the two telenav packages and it works great. No nav for us Canadians was one of my major dissapointments with the Pre when I got it. Now my Pre does everything I wanted. Thank you for finding this!
  20. #60  
    Is it just me or the link for the files is no longer working ?

    Just finishing reading the article on the front page about leaving files in / possibly causing web OS update download loop. Any concern about that for the NAV application ? I guess since it's the way it is installed on sprint it should not cause any harm.

    If someone can post a working link for the file I would love to install the NAV application. At the moment I'm using my treo 650 ( which is not even activated ) in the car because I have tomtom on it !

    Thanks!
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions