Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 LastLast
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Yes, but diov's method seems easyer, and he didn't use hybrid. But thanks!
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    @diov please post some instructions!!!! I waited for you to wake up breathless
  3.    #323  
    ok sorry guys, i'm running late but will post some instructions later. But basicallly you need to get the sprint 1.4 rom extract it and edit the recoverytool.config, change the device approval code to the same one from a bell 1.3.5 doctor and change carriercustomization to bellmo.tar. Then,add bellmo.tar from the bell 1.3.5 doctor and change the manifest.mf line from resources/sprint.tar to bellmo.tar, now package and run it. Again, ill be more specific later today.
    Yea, I think you guys should just try to incorporate something into the Meta-Doctor... It'd be easier overall, I'd think. It accomplishes quite a few other tasks, too... automatically. Really doesn't take much thought process.

You could easily add this to Meta-Doctor's list of features...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html
    hey guys im on a verizone pre plus & used to have the sprint nav installed. after 1.4 it got erased. i just tried to put it back on following the directions on the 1st page & no dice. any ideas on why it may not be working? thanks!

[edit]: hey sorry i must have typed something incorrectly bc i just re-installed it and its there. in fact it actually remembered all my previous destinations as if it never was uninstalled. thanks again for every1's work on this post.

however it says my account has expired, oh what to do now?!
    Last edited by streetskooler; 03/02/2010 at 04:46 PM.
    just installed sprint nav and i got this message "the sprint navigation adapter experiinced an exception: object# has no method 'call service'" - any one able to suggest what I should do??
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Yea, I think you guys should just try to incorporate something into the Meta-Doctor... It'd be easier overall, I'd think. It accomplishes quite a few other tasks, too... automatically. Really doesn't take much thought process.

You could easily add this to Meta-Doctor's list of features...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ation-etc.html
    Thanks for the link to the meta doctor guide. Just read through that posting, very good info.....it explained what I had done wrong with my attempts to use meta doctor on OSX.
    Phew, after reading through here, I made my own meta-doctor'd webosdoctor based on Sprint's tar, with Bell slapped on top of it. Let's see if it works. I'm at 16% so far, and I've got my fingers crossed!
    Anybody figure out the sprint navigation I read a couple of posts back just wondering
    I can confirm that the login for telenav is most likely tied to one's phone number. My sprint nav was broken, but I moved to Ottawa, and switched my number. Now sprint nav works. Now we just need a tutorial for those whose numbers are locked out, as to how to have your sprint nav to detect a number other than your own.
    Bingo - that'd be great
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diov View Post
    ok sorry guys, i'm running late but will post some instructions later. But basically you need to get the sprint 1.4 rom extract it and edit the recoverytool.config, change the device approval code to the same one from a bell 1.3.5 doctor and change carriercustomization to bellmo.tar. Then,add bellmo.tar from the bell 1.3.5 doctor and change the manifest.mf line from resources/sprint.tar to bellmo.tar, now package and run it. Again, ill be more specific later today.
    So you changed in recoverytool.config only the RecoveryToolBuildNumber and CustomizationBuild? In other words, I only need to change the ApprovalBuildName, ApprovalCharlieHash and ApprovalMikeHash hashes to Sprint ones. Is Sprint Nav working for you? As a side note, "Charlie" is the carrier and "Mike" is the model number.

What did you used to package everything, the linux jar?
    # jar cvf webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar *
    Last edited by T3CK; 03/07/2010 at 04:12 PM.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Can someone please tell me which file is the sprint navigation app from these two?

com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-64_armv7.ipk
    com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-64_armv7.ipk

Thank you in advance
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
  14. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    You need them both, install com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-64_armv7.ipk first, then com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-64_armv7.ipk. At least I think that is the order.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Holly crap, it worked!!!!!!

this forum is the best. Thank you everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    You need them both, install com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-64_armv7.ipk first, then com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-64_armv7.ipk. At least I think that is the order.
    where can i download these "ipk" files??
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    ust installed sprint nav and i got this message "the sprint navigation adapter experiinced an exception: object# has no method 'call service'" - any one able to suggest what I should do?? any pointers!??
    Quote Originally Posted by vbhatt16 View Post
    where can i download these "ipk" files??
    Follow the Original Post (#1) exactly the way its written. I had to download the unzip software by googling 7zip free download. Once you unzip the doctor file you will find these files inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by vbhatt16 View Post
    ust installed sprint nav and i got this message "the sprint navigation adapter experiinced an exception: object# has no method 'call service'" - any one able to suggest what I should do?? any pointers!??
    I would erase and reinstall once again installing the files in this order
    install com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-64_armv7.ipk first, then com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-64_armv7.ipk

I also had issues until I did the above,

Good luck
    yeah - you have to install the "app" second, and the other one first. If you get errors (other than registration issues) then just uninstall and try again. (The uninstall instructions are on the first page too).