Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 LastLast
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    @rpr Just let us know of your success
  2. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Sorry, no success yet. 1.2-1.4 hybrid hangs at 3% as well. I didn't leave it as long, but it was doing the same thing.

Rocking unmolested Bell 1.3.5.1 at the moment. We'll see if I can hold out until the official 1.4 release comes out before I start tweaking again...
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    I was thinking a 1.2, then do the 1.4 hybrid thing. Just because 1.2 wipes the entire phone, whereas 1.3 and beyond affects less of the phone. Of course, it's just speculation. It may have no effect whatsoever.

Curious that it hangs there. Maybe some config file in the Bell stuff that specifies a version?
  4. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Hmmm. I could definitely try that. Tomorrow though, I'm tired of doctoring for the night.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
  5. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Installing plain 1.2.1 now, we'll see if that makes a difference. I think this is good for me anyway, because looking at my phone, it still shows all patches installed, but they aren't. I'm sure there are lots of manual patches and crap in there that needs to be blown out, so doing the 1.2 doctor should put me in a better position to upgrade anyway.

Will post results soon...
  6. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Nope, no luck with 1.2-14 hybrid either. Guess we are stuck waiting.
  7.    #287  
    Another approach to this would be to downgrade to Bell's 1.2.1 firmware -> Use Sprint's 1.2.1 Doctor -> Do an OTA Upgrade
    Why wait for "official" updates, when you can roll your own
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diov View Post
    Another approach to this would be to downgrade to Bell's 1.2.1 firmware -> Use Sprint's 1.2.1 Doctor -> Do an OTA Upgrade
    OTA would only give you 1.3.5.1 again... what's the point?!
  9.    #289  
    it would be Sprint 1.3.5.1 and then you could OTA Update from there again
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    uh.. nice ideea!! GOOD LUCK!

I guess wifi is the only option.. right?
    Will the OTA update work with a sprint image? And if so, you's still need to instal the Bell config files to make it work on the network...

Just sucks that bell is so slow, and isn't telling us anything.
    Lol. I hope we figure this out.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    @diov any success, or you're enjoying (having a heart attack) the hockey?
  14.    #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by neodoru View Post
    @diov any success, or you're enjoying (having a heart attack) the hockey?
    Lol. its gonna be a close one

and I've got it to update to 1.3.5.1 but for some reason it won't see the 1.4 update even the device info shows its sprint and the sprint apps are there.

so I'm gonna keep trying
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    now try with webdoc 1.4 sprint . I'll try myself. Do you have any services working?

GG Canadaaaa
  16.    #296  
    Quote Originally Posted by neodoru View Post
    now try with webdoc 1.4 sprint . I'll try myself. Do you have any services working?

GG Canadaaaa
    Not sure what you mean by services but, ya phone sms wifi 3g etc. all works
    and I'll try to.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    that's what I meant ... thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by diov View Post
    Not sure what you mean by services but, ya phone sms wifi 3g etc. all works
    and I'll try to.
    Surprised the phone works but I guess it's just using the S/N to provision so it might all be fine. Hadn't thought of that. Might try turning off the data and checking with only Wifi too since it may allocate based on the network and now that you have a sprint image it could work.

I wonder if you could put the bell files in the Sprint WebOSDoctor as opposed to the Sprint WebOS.tar in the Bell WebOSDoctor. May not make any difference, but also worth a try.
  19.    #299  
    I have put together a hybrid with edited config files etc but I don't know how to package jar files
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    You can use winrar (but choose zip as compression and store as method) and change the extension.