Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 373
  1. #261  
    If i remember correctly he has had it since October
  2. T3CK's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    #262  
    wow really? Then, there might be a solution to the problem. Unless his account got mixed with an existing deactivated sprint account...
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  3. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    wow really? Then, there might be a solution to the problem. Unless his account got mixed with an existing deactivated sprint account...
    I have been using it without a glitch on a Bell Palm Pre since October 8, 2009. I ran into a GPS problem about a month ago but everyone on Bell was having this problem. It has since resolved itself and my Sprint Nav has been working without a glitch ever since. I've never had to re-enter my username. I've had the same one since October 8, 2009.

    Let me know if I can be of any assistance in troubleshooting the problem.
  4. #264  
    If only it were that easy. I even tried editing the file and that didn't work
  5. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradley_80 View Post
    If only it were that easy. I even tried editing the file and that didn't work
    Well....it finally happened. I received the dreaded "Your account has expired" error message. It was a fun ride while it lasted but I guess it is only a matter of time now for everyone else. I used it just yesterday and now its dead.

    Time to put some pressure on Bell Mobility to get its version of Telenav working on the Pre.
  6. #266  
    It seems that Telnav uses the phone number linked to the device to fetch the associated account on their server.

    When I have some free time, I will try to patch my copy of the application so it send another phone number (I will first try with unassigned exchanges). This will confirms there is a workaround for the issue.

    I would love to get this app (or another good nav app) without having to hack my way thru it. But one cannot buy a Telnav subscription from outside the US (the forms only allow US addresses) and Telnav seem to not care about replying to people outside the US wanting to get in (I sent them an email more than a week ago and I'm still waiting for a response).

    If the phone number is really tied up to the account, I may confirm that changing it allow to get another trial period. But don't expect me to release any kind of patch to make it easy to do so.
  7. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #267  
    SUCCESS!!!!BREAKTHROUGH!!!! Kind of.

    I got my GPS Nav working again and here is how I did it. When I first signed up for the Palm Pre with Bell, I negotiated a deal with Bell whereby part of my overall plan included the GPS TeleNav service at essentially zero cost to me other than being bound to a 3 year plan (hence why this solution may not be good for everyone). My representative told me that it was not presently available but that it would be on my account and that once it became available I would qualify.

    Today, after my SprintNav stopped working, I called TeleNav's support line at 1-877-328-2123 intending to complain as to why there is still no support for the Palm Pre in Canada. When I finally got through to a representative, I gave them my phone number and name and email address. As I was waiting for her to check something, I received an email from Telenav indicating that my account information had been updated. I launched SprintNav on my phone and sure enough my Sprint Nav account was updated on my Pre with my proper name and email address. Weird.

    Anyways, when the representative came back, I asked her why my account was expired when I have GPS Nav activated with Bell Mobility. She said that my phone was not supported. So I played dumb and said that my phone has been using TeleNav since August when I got my phone and that today, out of nowhere, the account came up expired. She said that this was impossible as the Bell Palm Pre is not compatible with TeleNav. I said that this can't be correct as I have been using the TeleNav program on my Bell Palm Pre for months. I insisted that she transfer me to a higher representative. She did. I spoke to the new representative and he asked me if I was sure that I had GPS Nav activated on my Bell Mobility account. I assured him it was. He told me that his system shows that the Bell Palm Pre is not supported by TeleNav. He was perplexed as to how I was using the system but he confirmed that his records show that I have been using the system for some time. He then asked me if I could conference in a Bell Mobility representative to confirm that I have GPS Nav on my account. So I conferenced in a Bell Mobility representative who pulled up my account and the rep confirmed that I indeed have GPS Nav activated on my account. And voila, my account with Telenav was reactivated!!!!!

    I hope this helps others get telenav working on their device. You will, of course, have to have GPS Nav activated on your account and pay the $10a month fee or alternatively negotiate an all-inclusive package with Bell Mobility to add the service to your account before you attempt the above.

    Just as I was finishing this post, I received an email from telenav telling me that my account was renewed for 3 months....Hmmmm....I guess I will have to go through this same dance in 3 months time. Hopefully by then there will be official support for GPS Nav on a Bell Pre. Otherwise, I will try again!

    I hope this helps others get GPS Nav working on their Bell Pre!
  8. #268  
    I just tried this on my my verizon pre plus. I only installed sprint navigation (2 ipks) and it seems to work perfectly. I'll post again if I find any problems.

    I for one am very excited. I switched to the pre plus from a droid, which had really nice turn by turn instructions built into google maps. One of the few things that I miss from the droid was the navigation. This isn't google's turn by turn nav, but so far it looks pretty damn nice.
  9. #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by ukabu View Post
    It seems that Telnav uses the phone number linked to the device to fetch the associated account on their server.

    When I have some free time, I will try to patch my copy of the application so it send another phone number (I will first try with unassigned exchanges). This will confirms there is a workaround for the issue.

    I would love to get this app (or another good nav app) without having to hack my way thru it. But one cannot buy a Telnav subscription from outside the US (the forms only allow US addresses) and Telnav seem to not care about replying to people outside the US wanting to get in (I sent them an email more than a week ago and I'm still waiting for a response).

    If the phone number is really tied up to the account, I may confirm that changing it allow to get another trial period. But don't expect me to release any kind of patch to make it easy to do so.
    I swear to god if you mess up my account and put in your addresses in my Telenav address book there will be hell to pay.
  10.    #270  
    Can anyone post a screenshot of the account expired error?
    Why wait for "official" updates, when you can roll your own
  11. neodoru's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #271  
    I am getting an error that says "your device is not compatible with this version of webos doctor".
    I am on bell!
  12. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by neodoru View Post
    I am getting an error that says "your device is not compatible with this version of webos doctor".
    I am on bell!
    Download QI again using another browser (Chrome or Firefox) and save the file in a new folder. Launch the new QI and it will ask to download the doctor. Go through the instructions and let QI re-download the doctor and you should be fine after that.
  13. neodoru's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #273  
    Uh 1000000 of thanks!
  14. #274  
    I have the account expired error. Strange, I can still log in at sprint.com/navigation and everything works in there, but not on the phone. On the phone app, everything works until it needs to "fetching route" then it gives you the error message.

    Anyone figure out how to hack this?
  15. neodoru's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #275  
    Did anyone manage to install sprint firmware 1.4 on bell pre? If so, please post some steps! The steps described in the first post don't seem to work
  16. #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by neodoru View Post
    Did anyone manage to install sprint firmware 1.4 on bell pre? If so, please post some steps! The steps described in the first post don't seem to work
    Why would you put the 1.4 apps on your Pre? Unless you hacked your Pre to WebOS 1.4 too?
  17. neodoru's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #277  
    well I was talking about webos... not about the apps
  18. Quintus's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by neodoru View Post
    well I was talking about webos... not about the apps
    Right, but neither the Bell Pre nor the Verizon Pre Plus have yet to be upgraded to v. 1.4 so your question seems a little premature.
  19. #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Right, but neither the Bell Pre nor the Verizon Pre Plus have yet to be upgraded to v. 1.4 so your question seems a little premature.
    Yeah - but you can stick the WebOS.tar file in the WebOSDoctor file for Bell (and get an "early" upgrade, so it's technically possible, but people seem to be getting stuck at the 3% mark when they try it.

    I think you may have to go back to v1.2, then try 1.4 so that things are completely wiped. Not sure. It may not work for some other reason.
  20. rpr
    rpr is offline
    rpr's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    #280  
    Same thing, trying to flash to 1.4 it hangs at 3%. I left it for quite awhile, at least 30-40 minutes, so I don't think it will work. Are you suggesting flashing to 1.2, then do the 1.3.5.1 with 1.4 hybrid, or try the hybrid with a 1.2-1.4 image? I think I'll try a 1.2-1.4 hybrid and see what happens...
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions