Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bradley_80 View Post
    I find it really weird that this only happened to a select few. I am still yet to attempt deleting the db file and by the sounds of it that doesn't work anyways. I'm losing hope
    If you send me your file I can edit it for you (if you are still having issues after the post I made on it).

Wish I could figure out why this isn't working, but all I can think of is that the registration must be persistent over the uninstalls, and whatever causes the initial registration fail is preventing you from using it.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    You can get this work, but you have to pay for it…
    I have a GSM Pre on At&t. I installed the Sprint firmware on it which contains the Sprint Navigation program – which is Telenav.

I then went to the telenav site and registered my device as an unlocked Treo Pro. It works great in the US. I have used it in about a dozen states so far, but it cost $10 per month.
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    Wish I could figure out why this isn't working, but all I can think of is that the registration must be persistent over the uninstalls, and whatever causes the initial registration fail is preventing you from using it.
    that's what I am figuring as well, but the odd thing is that it is somehow persistant over uninstalls, doctoring, and full wipe, which are all things I have done so far. Is it possible that telnav has registered my pre's serial code itself? I mean does my pre transmit a recognizable device id number that telnav is tracking and has determined is a canadian pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by jordy.e View Post
    that's what I am figuring as well, but the odd thing is that it is somehow persistant over uninstalls, doctoring, and full wipe, which are all things I have done so far. Is it possible that telnav has registered my pre's serial code itself? I mean does my pre transmit a recognizable device id number that telnav is tracking and has determined is a canadian pre?
    Well, I suppose that is possible. Does the db stay after an uninstall? If so, that's a likely culprit. Although it may be that it uses some unique id (the phone SN seems reasonable but I doubt it since you can login if you were a paying customer) and it has you listed as not registered... Tough to say.

There may be some files that survive the Doctoring (if you are using 1.3.1 or later) because it could store something in the USB area, although seems unlikely as well.

Seems to still work for me, so maybe try the DB that I posted? (Although if it screws up mine you owe me!! )
    k here's a thought, I have not yet used the db files, and I think that will be what I will try next. Interestingly, I went and checked out /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/ and discovered that the filename is not the same as the one that you have I have the following db file: 0000000000000008.db. It appears to me that this could be a possible culprit. The only issue is that I am not at my home at the moment, and cannot rename or delete the file in internalz itself. Hey it's a possibility at least, and if I am unable to register at this time, that could be a reason why, because the file is incorrect. Bradley_80 you have the same issue with the .db file ending in 08.db?

Well, I suppose that is possible. Does the db stay after an uninstall? If so, that's a likely culprit. Although it may be that it uses some unique id (the phone SN seems reasonable but I doubt it since you can login if you were a paying customer) and it has you listed as not registered... Tough to say.

There may be some files that survive the Doctoring (if you are using 1.3.1 or later) because it could store something in the USB area, although seems unlikely as well.
    I don't know if the db stays after an uninstall, but after a doctor it still didn't work. (theorhetically a doctor would wipe that area I would think)

Also if there is something on the USB area, I also did a full erase on my pre just in case.

I'm half thinking that I may just rename the db file to 0000000000000009.db and see if that works. Hey I've already done a doctor and a full erase, and it was fairly painless, I could do another if I really bork my Pre
    Last edited by jordy.e; 02/11/2010 at 02:07 PM.
    I just don't know how to send you my file and put it back on
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    You can get this work, but you have to pay for it…
    I have a GSM Pre on At&t. I installed the Sprint firmware on it which contains the Sprint Navigation program – which is Telenav.

I then went to the telenav site and registered my device as an unlocked Treo Pro. It works great in the US. I have used it in about a dozen states so far, but it cost $10 per month.
    This is great news. I have an account with Telenav and was hoping to use it with the Pre+ or ATT Pre.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    k here's a thought, I have not yet used the db files, and I think that will be what I will try next. Interestingly, I went and checked out /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/ and discovered that the filename is not the same as the one that you have I have the following db file: 0000000000000008.db. It appears to me that this could be a possible culprit. The only issue is that I am not at my home at the moment, and cannot rename or delete the file in internalz itself. Hey it's a possibility at least, and if I am unable to register at this time, that could be a reason why, because the file is incorrect. Bradley_80 you have the same issue with the .db file ending in 08.db?

I don't know if the db stays after an uninstall, but after a doctor it still didn't work. (theorhetically a doctor would wipe that area I would think)

Also if there is something on the USB area, I also did a full erase on my pre just in case.

I'm half thinking that I may just rename the db file to 0000000000000009.db and see if that works. Hey I've already done a doctor and a full erase, and it was fairly painless, I could do another if I really bork my Pre
    I think the db names are relative to what you have installed. Likely hex numbers that are used for a lookup. The original poster asking for the file had a different name... I doubt that is it (but give it a whirl).

What makes me suspicious about the file is that the people are saying they are not getting a prompt to input their info after a doctor and re-install of Sprint Nav. When I doctored, I had to re-enter the info.

If you want to be 100% sure, doctor with 1.2.1 and then back to 1.3.5 and then there will be nothing left. PITA, but would prove the point. It should be asking you for your name after a uninstall and re-install.

Outside of that, I have no idea.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Bradley_80, is your Nav working, on a Bell phone? If yes, PM me your .db file so I can look at it. Thanks.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Got sprint nav working for my parents pre, like said before install com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-70_armv7.ipk before com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-70_armv7.ipk and entering you name works.
    My nav isn't working and hasn't been for a good two weeks for those who are asking. Again, I still haven't had the time to mess with the reg. File but apparently that doesn't even work. All I have done is a uninstall - reinstall multiple times with no luck
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    Bradley_80, is your Nav working, on a Bell phone? If yes, PM me your .db file so I can look at it. Thanks.
    there is one posted a few pages back that should work... With the name changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mman1506 View Post
    Got sprint nav working for my parents pre, like said before install com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-70_armv7.ipk before com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-70_armv7.ipk and entering you name works.
    ummm... could this in fact be my problem? When I am installing sprint navigation, my 2 files are named (and these are coming from the sprint WebOS doctor) the following.

com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-70_armv7.ipk
    com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-69_armv7.ipk

should the com.telenav.sprintnavigation file be -70?? if so why when I am downloading the sprint webOSdoctor is it giving me the -69?

Can anyone confirm that both apps are 1.0.0.70?
    Last edited by jordy.e; 02/15/2010 at 01:03 PM.
    That is a good point. I installed them in the right order, but I think I have the 69 file also
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I also had this working on a pre+ and a pixi+ on verizon last week and after reinstalling it no longer works. I can't get past the sign prompt. It says: "Registration failed. We could not register you at this time. Please retry again later." I have tried reinstalling and deleting the db file. My db is 17.db instead of 9.db. I looked at the file using SQL Manager in Firefox and my file is missing many of the parts the screenshot of bill.millett's file has. If it is possible, can I get a copy of your file bill.millett? I would like to try to change the name and the location for my purposes. Also, does your sprint navigation still work? This would be a good baseline for me to start with.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    ummm... could this in fact be my problem? When I am installing sprint navigation, my 2 files are named (and these are coming from the sprint WebOS doctor) the following.

com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-70_armv7.ipk
    com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-69_armv7.ipk

should the com.telenav.sprintnavigation file be -70?? if so why when I am downloading the sprint webOSdoctor is it giving me the -69?

Can anyone confirm that both apps are 1.0.0.70?
    Nope. I'm on Bell Pre and I have the "70" for the app and the "69" for the service and my Sprint Nav works fine.
    I wonder if a guy like Jason R can help us out. He seems pretty knowledeable
    Quote Originally Posted by bradley_80 View Post
    I wonder if a guy like Jason R can help us out. He seems pretty knowledeable
    Someone already posted, above yours, to just sign up for an account with TeleNav. Telenav is the one blocking you. They also block you if you try to run telenav itself without an account through them. (I did this on my WinMo phone previously)

It'll run for the demo period, then expire and ask for your account info. Your sprint account info won't for for that, even though you can log into their website using it. Without your carrier (or you) having a proper account for them, you aren't going to just get it for free.
    Then how is user Quintis still using it for free? Has anyone tried using an altered registration file with success?
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    He installed the app for the first time on his phone, less then 30days ago. It will stop working when his 30days Telenav trial is over.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog