Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    It didn't work on the pre+ and I am pretty sure jordy.e above tried even doctoring and it didn't work so...... not to sure where to go from here I am pretty sure telenav is aware this is happening and have blocked us from using the service
    Well, it's still working for me, so I don't think that's it. Maybe what you picked for a user name (or what the firtname/lastname hashed out to be) is already used and that is causing issues? Or maybe it's only people that are attempting to register now, whereas I registered a while back.
    Ya I haven't had time to try it but when I get around to it ill let you know how it goes. I'm really woud love for it to be working again
    how do i uninstall the sprint nav ????
    Well it worked for 2 weeks with my actual real name and then it stopped . I deleted the data file and have tried to login with about 20 different names and emails and some with no emails and it's still not working. is there really no one else on the pre plus with this problem? (does anyone on here even have a pre plus it feels like nobody bought the phone)
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.millett View Post
    Well, not that hard to do. You are using WOSQI for the installation? There's a Linux Command Line option, and you can go in and type normal commands, like "ls" and see what is there. So in command line you can type:

ls /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/

and see what's in the directory. Should be something like:
    0000000000000009.db

Then you can remove it with

rm -f /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/0000000000000009.db

(or whatever your file name is called)

Might also be worth checking the /var/palm/data/ directory to make sure there aren't any other directories for the Sprint Nav too. Just because you installed and uninstalled so many times. (Unlikely, but better than taking a chance and starting all over).

-----
    Incidentally, to edit the file, you can use WOSQI and pick "Receive File" and put in the path
    /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/0000000000000009.db

and it will save it to your hard drive. You can then look at it or edit it. I used the SQL Lite Manager for FireFox... Can change the first name and last names, take out the email address, etc. Then you can copy it back with "Send File" but be sure to put the full path.
    -----

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Hey I can "see" the .db file but I can't remove it (i get error ERROR 5: Connection refused: connect)

what do i do ?
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.millett View Post
    Well, not that hard to do. You are using WOSQI for the installation? There's a Linux Command Line option, and you can go in and type normal commands, like "ls" and see what is there. So in command line you can type:

ls /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/

and see what's in the directory. Should be something like:
    0000000000000009.db

Then you can remove it with

rm -f /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/0000000000000009.db

(or whatever your file name is called)

Might also be worth checking the /var/palm/data/ directory to make sure there aren't any other directories for the Sprint Nav too. Just because you installed and uninstalled so many times. (Unlikely, but better than taking a chance and starting all over).

-----
    Incidentally, to edit the file, you can use WOSQI and pick "Receive File" and put in the path
    /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/0000000000000009.db

and it will save it to your hard drive. You can then look at it or edit it. I used the SQL Lite Manager for FireFox... Can change the first name and last names, take out the email address, etc. Then you can copy it back with "Send File" but be sure to put the full path.
    -----

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheifkeiff View Post
    Well it worked for 2 weeks with my actual real name and then it stopped . I deleted the data file and have tried to login with about 20 different names and emails and some with no emails and it's still not working. is there really no one else on the pre plus with this problem? (does anyone on here even have a pre plus it feels like nobody bought the phone)

how do you delete the data file?
    i am having issues - won't let me (see above)
    I was successful in running the Sprint Navigation on a german pre (o2) in germany. But there are no maps for europe. Only America. Damn it. I give up and will get an Iphone. I have enough of this disadvantages here in europe. Damn I only want to navigate with this thing.
    I had it on a pixi plus, but now it doesn't work. Could there be a new version? Any Sprint users that could let us know if there is a new version of Nav that is leaving us in the dark?
    I don't think it matters whether you have the Pre, Pre+, or Pixi. Something has happened that equally affects the users of Sprint Nav on phones that did not come equipped from the retailer with it
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bradley_80 View Post
    I don't think it matters whether you have the Pre, Pre+, or Pixi. Something has happened that equally affects the users of Sprint Nav on phones that did not come equipped from the retailer with it
    Except that some of us are still ok.

Bradley_80, did you enter an email address when registering or did you leave that section blank?
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    Hey I can "see" the .db file but I can't remove it (i get error ERROR 5: Connection refused: connect)

what do i do ?
    You have to open the db in SQLiteManager, then click on the "Browse and Search" tab (which lets you look at the data) and look at the "properties" table...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    how do i uninstall the sprint nav ????
    Here:

Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille

(1) In the WebOS Quick Install menu, go Tools->Linux Commandline.

(2) Now you need to know the package id of what you want to remove. Thankfully most of the ids are included in the ipk names.
    ex./ IPK: com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-64_armv7.ipk
    Package: com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation

(3) Then, type "ipkg remove packageid", where packageid is the package id (for example "ipkg remove com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation").
    To delete the file, you should be able to remove it from the command line. I've never tried it, but I've removed other files. Might want to make sure it's not being used... (Reboot, then connect and use WOSQI).
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ersinet View Post
    I was successful in running the Sprint Navigation on a german pre (o2) in germany. But there are no maps for europe. Only America. Damn it. I give up and will get an Iphone. I have enough of this disadvantages here in europe. Damn I only want to navigate with this thing.
    So it is useless to unlock the software if there are no maps downloadable.
    Haven't had a chance to uninstall it but when I initially installed it I didn't input an email address
    I did not input an email either when I first installed sprint nav and I am also having issues just like Bradley. I even tried installing an older version, and that didn't work. I also did a doctor, and that made the error change to you cannot register at this time, try again later. I am thinking that if I could edit the db file, or perhaps delete it(hoping for a rebuild) that this will solve the issue.
    I find it really weird that this only happened to a select few. I am still yet to attempt deleting the db file and by the sounds of it that doesn't work anyways. I'm losing hope
    Still not working but I am not going to have a pre+ anymore so so it doesn't matter.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bradley_80 View Post
    I find it really weird that this only happened to a select few. I am still yet to attempt deleting the db file and by the sounds of it that doesn't work anyways. I'm losing hope
    Man....I feel for you. Do you have any other Sprint apps loaded on your Pre or was Sprint Nav the only one?
    Sprint Nav only for me, what about you Bradley_80? Could it somehow be linked to the sprint link system? what does that do anyway? As an aside, I have found that since my doctoring, that the dead battery and the connect pre to charger screens have changed, I seem to remember the dead battery being bigger, and the plug pre into charger being a different shape. is this perhaps a throwback to a previous version of the OS?