Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Bradley have you tried re-registering with a different name? I'm guessing the fix can't be ~that~ easy
    Well every time I uninstalled it my info was already there (the phony name I added). So I didnt have to re-register. I'm stumped
    There is no way (or if so, why) that we are the only two experiencing this problem. There must be a way around it
    I am having the same issue with sprint nav saying that my telenav is expired. I have no clue what the issue is either. Does anyone know if there is a way to remove the cache (whatever is keeping the information such as log in etc?) as this could be a problem??
    That seems like it would solve the problem...but I also think it could be only temporary and just expire again within a matter of time. Some people on here have had it for months and not expire; I was only on my second week or so
    Personally I have no problem in paying for navigation service.. and the only reason I dragged Sprint Nav to my party is because Bell isn't currently offering any sort of navigation option for us Pre owning Canadians

But, paying $10/mth would be kinda crazy seeing as I wouldn't use the service "that much" to justify the cost. I'm hoping that rumored Garmin maps option shows up soon & includes Canada

..for those who don't know, the Garmin option would load a complete map of North America into your Pre (a couple Gigs I imagine) and use it directly with the GPS receiver..
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicMan View Post
    Personally I have no problem in paying for navigation service.. and the only reason I dragged Sprint Nav to my party is because Bell isn't currently offering any sort of navigation option for us Pre owning Canadians

But, paying $10/mth would be kinda crazy seeing as I wouldn't use the service "that much" to justify the cost. I'm hoping that rumored Garmin maps option shows up soon & includes Canada

..for those who don't know, the Garmin option would load a complete map of North America into your Pre (a couple Gigs I imagine) and use it directly with the GPS receiver..
    I'm exactly the same... I have a Garmin that I use when I really need Nav (like on trips) but this is way nicer if I just want to know where something is and get some directions, etc. I wouldn't pay $10 a month, but I might pay for the app if it were available from Bell.

bradley_80, I uploaded a file for the UK guys that has the db for Nav on it. If you look a couple of pages back, you can see the file that contains your information. Try uninstalling (not just removing the ipkg files!) and make sure that db is gone. Alternatively, you could just grab the file and edit it (there's a Firefox add-on to edit SQL lite files).
    bradley_80, I have a file called:
    /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/0000000000000009.db

That has my username in it (as well as other info). You might try to see what info is stored there, and make sure it's deleted when you uninstall. Or just leave things installed and edit it.
    So would I just uninstall it like I would the nornal nav files? Then, reinstall it and it will appear new and without my previous info?
    Quote Originally Posted by bradley_80 View Post
    So would I just uninstall it like I would the nornal nav files? Then, reinstall it and it will appear new and without my previous info?
    No - you'd copy it off (with WOSQI) and then edit it and then copy it back. Or (easier) would be to uninstall, make sure it's deleted (the whole directory, in fact) and then try re-installing. Should then prompt you to enter your login info again, and this time try something different.
    Ya I'd go the easier route. I still do not know how to delete the whole directory. I'm not that familiar with manuevering around the Pre
    Well, not that hard to do. You are using WOSQI for the installation? There's a Linux Command Line option, and you can go in and type normal commands, like "ls" and see what is there. So in command line you can type:

ls /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/

and see what's in the directory. Should be something like:
    0000000000000009.db

Then you can remove it with

rm -f /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/0000000000000009.db

(or whatever your file name is called)

Might also be worth checking the /var/palm/data/ directory to make sure there aren't any other directories for the Sprint Nav too. Just because you installed and uninstalled so many times. (Unlikely, but better than taking a chance and starting all over).

-----
    Incidentally, to edit the file, you can use WOSQI and pick "Receive File" and put in the path
    /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/0000000000000009.db

and it will save it to your hard drive. You can then look at it or edit it. I used the SQL Lite Manager for FireFox... Can change the first name and last names, take out the email address, etc. Then you can copy it back with "Send File" but be sure to put the full path.
    -----

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
    Ya I think I understand what you're saying now. So remove Sprint nav, remove the registration data and reinstall and see how that works?
    Quote Originally Posted by bradley_80 View Post
    Ya I think I understand what you're saying now. So remove Sprint nav, remove the registration data and reinstall and see how that works?
    that's it...
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.millett View Post
    Well, not that hard to do. You are using WOSQI for the installation? There's a Linux Command Line option, and you can go in and type normal commands, like "ls" and see what is there. So in command line you can type:

ls /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/

and see what's in the directory. Should be something like:
    0000000000000009.db

Then you can remove it with

rm -f /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/0000000000000009.db

(or whatever your file name is called)

Might also be worth checking the /var/palm/data/ directory to make sure there aren't any other directories for the Sprint Nav too. Just because you installed and uninstalled so many times. (Unlikely, but better than taking a chance and starting all over).

-----
    Incidentally, to edit the file, you can use WOSQI and pick "Receive File" and put in the path

and it will save it to your hard drive. You can then look at it or edit it. I used the SQL Lite Manager for FireFox... Can change the first name and last names, take out the email address, etc. Then you can copy it back with "Send File" but be sure to put the full path.
    -----

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

I am on the pre + and getting the same telenav expired I am trying the method above and will let you know what happens anyone else on verizon getting this?
    Quote Originally Posted by cheifkeiff View Post
    I am on the pre + and getting the same telenav expired I am trying the method above and will let you know what happens anyone else on verizon getting this?
    Well it looks like they got us no matter what I put in on the pre+ it just says registration failed. I am starting to hate this phone I am not paying $10 a month to my already expensive plan when I could get it free with the droid or nexus when it comes out plus google maps wont even work unless I open vz nav man this sux cause webOS is the slick
    Well it looks like they got us no matter what I put in on the pre+ it just says registration failed. I am starting to hate this phone I am not paying $10 a month to my already expensive plan when I could get it free with the droid or nexus when it comes out plus google maps wont even work unless I open vz nav man this sux cause webOS is the slick
    You do have to remember that you are putting a piece of software that is not standard on your phone as I am trying to do in Canada on Bell. Part of the problem arises from the fact the the software is probably not completely compatible with the firmware from Verizon. It is anoying, but it is no reason to blame the phone, it's your cell phone provider nerfing what they want to offer. Now if you want to have some other kind of navigation, such as TomTom or something like that, which we don't currently have, (it's anoying having only 1 choice or no choices here in Canada), that's another issue. The phone is still good, and honestly, the likelyhood that there will be some good 3rd party GPS systems shortly with the PDK coming out are quite likely at least I've got my fingers crossed.

On a side note, I did a doctor, and tried reinstalling from a doctor, and didn't get it to work, it is now saying that it cannot register, is it possible that it is a problem with telenav? Does anyone have any other ideas as to what else I can do or am I pretty much screwed
    Quote Originally Posted by cheifkeiff View Post
    Really? Is voice navigation free on Droids or the N1?
    Ya I totally understand it's not supposed to be on the phone I am just more upset with Verizon locking it down cause they defiantly did Google maps which came on the phone does not even work right unless I open vznav first and I am not paying 10 bucks for something other smartphones on verizon get for free. And yes the Droid and N1 have free voice turn by turn directions you can if speak to it to tell it were you want to go FREE.
    I haven't tried removing the registation data yet. Has anyone attempted this and if so was it effective?
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast