Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Ok for some reason its working. Both google and sprint find my location. But when I use the nav to get directions from my current location (which it knows where I am), it comes up after calculating the directions that it in fact cannot find my location
    I retract the last post. It picked me up while I was in my house atone point, but I was there all night so I'm thinking it worked at maybe just one instance. I was on the road today trying to see if it was going to follow me route but it didnt
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott1 View Post
    Hi All

Bad news, I think, but I can't get any maps to load on UK Pre, even though I've got past the login screen. It seems to find my location but that's it, no maps. Has anyone with Sprint Navigation travelled to UK and used it?

But many thanks to bill.millett for sending me the files, we're a little closer to getting working navigation in the UK.

Scott1: Great news ! I have the UK Pre (O2) too. Can you please share the information what needs to be done to bypass the login screen ? If I need the files you received from bill.millett please mail them to kbywal(at)gmail.com. Thanks. Let's see if I can get any further.
    Last edited by kbywal; 01/31/2010 at 12:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Updated instructions for WebOS Quick Install v2.8:

1. Transfer to the Pre. Do this in WebOSQuickInstall by Tools->Send File. Drag the ipk file onto the window. Then, in the destination text field, type: /
      Then send the file.
    2. In the WebOS Quick Install menu, go Tools->Linux Commandline.
      • Type "ipkg install /file.ipk" (where file.ipk is the name of the ipk, for example "ipkg install /com.palm.app.amazonstore_1.0-62.2_armv7.ipk) and press enter.
      • After, type "rm -f /file.ipk" (where file.ipk is the name of the ipk, like before)

And to uninstall the apps:
    • In the WebOS Quick Install menu, go Tools->Linux Commandline.
    • Now you need to know the package id of what you want to remove. Thankfully most of the ids are included in the ipk names.
      ex./ IPK: com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-64_armv7.ipk
      Package: com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation
    • Then, type "ipkg remove packageid", where packageid is the package id (for example "ipkg remove com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation")
    I used these instructions and have fully working nav on my verizon PRE PLUS I returned my droid for this phone and now I am so freaking happy I did. Oh and it locked almost instant and I have never even been able to get an actual non-agps lock in google for the last 2 days I have had this phone. Now I get a lock sitting in my house freaking awesome!
    I tried a suggestion from another user ( turn off google services as option of locating me) and it indeed pick up my location on both google maps and sprint nav. Sprint nav though still can't seem to generate a route to a destination because it apparently 'cant find my location'...even though it knows where I am. Time to uninstall-reinstall?
    wow once again this website rocks. I have a pre + on VZW and just wanted to chime in and say I followed the directions on here and it works flawlessly. just wanted to say thanks for everyone who contributed to this!
    In case anyone wants the file from my phone... It doesn't have my name in it (changed to FirstName and LastName) and has english and Canada as the settings by default.

DB file here

(I decided to post this since it's not the apps or anything that has Palm or Sprint code in it, or apps, etc. It's the DB from my phone)

Can be edited with anything that can read SQL Lite (there is a plugin for Firefox if you look).

Good luck.
    Can any Bell Sprint nav user confirm that we are not receiving an extra charge for using Sprint nav (other than reg. data use)?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bradley_80 View Post
    Can any Bell Sprint nav user confirm that we are not receiving an extra charge for using Sprint nav (other than reg. data use)?
    Confirmed. No charges, only data.
    Hi,
    I just got the Palm Pixi Plus on Verizon. I'm trying to get the Sprint Navigation on it. I've never used any of these programs or anything before. I've download the some of it, but am wondering any specific issues or instructions for using with a Mac. I am confused about the unzipping using a special program to change the .jar file especially.

Any dumbed-down, step by step for a Mac used that just got into WebOS.

Thanks,
    Caleb
    I dont know about the variations on a Mac, but those steps are very straightforward (I'm not tech savy)
    Just tried to get directions off my Sprint Nav and I got "Could not find route: Your account has expired. Renew or call..." Ohhhh nooo my favourite app... what to do
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Weird....No such problem here.
    tried to unistall/reinstall and it didn't work. Still saying it has expired
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    tried to unistall/reinstall and it didn't work. Still saying it has expired
    Are you using the most recent versions?

com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-70_armv7.ipk
    com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-69_armv7.ipk
    I believe I am. I am not home so I cannot check, but I am using the files from the first page of this thread for the 1.3.5.1 pre

EDIT: yes I am using the right files
    Last edited by bradley_80; 02/04/2010 at 11:11 AM.
    Just tried to get directions off my Sprint Nav and I got "Could not find route: Your account has expired. Renew or call..." Ohhhh nooo my favourite app... what to do
    Doh Now I'm getting that same message Sprint Nav still starts Ok & locates POI's & will show me the map, but won't navigate me to a destination anymore..

Someone (Bell?) must have closed a connection or something.. any other Canadians getting-or-not-getting that same message now?
    Ya I get the POIs too. Ughh I don't know what to do. I've unistalled and reinstalled many times and it still says its expired.
    Just tested getting a route from my curent location and it calculated it without complaints.

(using EVDO)

So, I don't think it's a bell thing. Did you put in an email address for your login?
    No I put in a phony name with no email.
    should I put in my real information? I neeed nav
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast