Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i said it once and ill say it again...

lime green text on a black background... what up 1991!
    I hate to say this but Jamie might raise a good point (even if he's a bit too rude/direct): why can't Palm officially designate/permit homebrew sites not just as places to test apps but also as places to buy apps without requiring any input, review or link from Palm?

Is that a fair request if Palm wants to be truly 'open'?
    Last edited by Really mobile; 10/07/2009 at 09:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    This guy is clearly a moron. He got the options completely wrong. First off, there is NO CHARGE if you want to distribute your application via Palm's web link method. Secondly, if you want to sell your application, Palm gets ZERO PERCENT if you're using the web link method.

This guy is rude and just wants to spread FUD because he's upset even though Palm wanted to work it out with him.
    Actually, he is not a moron. He is one of the most well known open source programmers, ever, and well respected all over the net, including by Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraris View Post
    Actually, he is not a moron. He is one of the most well known open source programmers, ever, and well respected all over the net, including by Palm.
    No, not a moron... still an *** though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    No, not a moron... still an *** though.
    Agreed. Give the guy your number and have a conversation like an adult! This guy is WAY too full of himself...
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    What is funny is this ***** got EXACTLY what he wanted if you read his response to his blog.

Yet, he is still complaining because he didn't get into the official catalog.

I've set it over and over, you cannot please everyone, and the more your try the worse you look.

Palm essentially does what this guy outlines and he keeps going. ***?
    Hey now, it's not just a clock app. He's got a tip calculator in there, too.

I'm a developer, and I was lucky enough to get accepted into the 2nd open beta round. Yes, lucky.

During the weeks of review, I did have a few moments of "um, wait...", which is to be expected in a new platform and a new app store. Instead of making a huge steaming stink in public, I always asked the Palm rep who was working with me. Know what? I had a good experience working with Palm, and look forward to the next.

Honestly, so much immature fussing on JWZ's part detracts from whatever cred he thinks he has left. I mean, he's basically saying that Palm's only way out of the "PRPRPR $nightmare$&$quot$; $he$ $thinks$ $his$ $whining$ $caused$ $is$ $to$ $put$ $his$ $apps$ $in$ $the$ $store$. $Now$.

He's an ego-terrorist, and should be ignored.
    green on black hurts my eyes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12