1.    #1  
    Can someone tell me how to save videos to the Pre?? I noticed that when I go to email someone the Pre now gives you prompts to send saved VIDEOS, pix, and songs.

Not seeing the reason for the send video prompt yet, since we can't make videos!!! *scratches head* But it does make me feel warm and tingly inside that we soon will be!! Lol.. Someone hook me up with some info! TIA!
    u cant... when u receive it a video u can watch but no save it yet!
  3.    #3  
    Thank you SISGO
    You can always transfer them to your pre using the usb drive function, that's what I do anyway.
    just a question, what video formats can you send and then play on the pre? (i ask cause i cant save a movie onto my pre for some reason)
  6.    #7  
    hi mikey. i know there is a whole thread about video and movie formats..if i find it anytime soon i'll post it for you..but keep looking there is a long message thread for sure...:-)
    .avi files, ffmpeg encoding... try this program Videora Palm Pre Converter - Free Palm Pre Video Converter I haven't used it, but someone else recommended it to me who had
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeybob365 View Post
    just a question, what video formats can you send and then play on the pre? (i ask cause i cant save a movie onto my pre for some reason)
    I'm using the RealPlayer conversion set for the Pre. Works excellently, and I don't have to think about codecs, sizes, etc. It is free saving in H.263 format, if you want H.264 you have to buy a fancier version for about $40. Video on the Pre is not important enough for me to do that (If I am going to be on a long plane flight or someplace that serious portable video is desirable, I take along my Creative Zen player in my shirt pocket).

There is a lengthy thread elsewhere with detailed instructions on settings, etc. for Handbrake that seem to have worked excellently for many people, but for me Handbrake did _NOT_ work, even following the instructions carefully.
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

u can save video on the pre... u have to install the patch/tweak for download video?? i think this is what it is... dont want to hook my pre up to check..late. but with this patch it gives you the option to download or stream the video u click on, if you click download it will download it and save it in your video app.... sorry i dont know the exact name of the patch//hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by pdog197804 View Post
    u can save video on the pre... u have to install the patch/tweak for download video?? i think this is what it is... dont want to hook my pre up to check..late. but with this patch it gives you the option to download or stream the video u click on, if you click download it will download it and save it in your video app.... sorry i dont know the exact name of the patch//hope this helps
    did u ever find this patch? I've really been wanting this feature on my pre since day one. would i be able to add it using webOSquick install?
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    I believe this patch is in preware
    the patch is the browser multi patch..u can use preware or web os qi..hope this helps

Thanks is in the bottom right corner!
  13.    #14  
    Ok..so I transferred some videos to my Pre's folder via USB connection...unplugged my phone, the videos are there on the Pre! Yaaaay!

EXCEPT for they start off playing but then 2 seconds later an error message comes up saying ERROR-"There was an error playing the file" and it forces me to end my video...Any help? Suggestions?? Pleeeaaaassseee..I'm SO close!!! lol
    I installed the youtube download patch and have had no problem saving and sending them
  15.    #16  
    yea i just dl'es the youtube patch...now it's saying i have too many cards open....and i can't enter any of my applications now...blaaah