1.    #1  
    Normally, all-day events are displayed on the Pre as a button at the top of the day, right? Has anybody seen them displayed like this (the green bars extending all the way down the timeline; same thing in daily view)?

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Yes! I saw it today, and it seemed to be a very isolated incident. I have many all-day events, yet only two of them did this. They happened to be on the same day and they were both repeating (one time per month). If you open the affected appointment, you see that the appointment time changed from being all-day to being 12:00am to 11:59pm. I checked google calendar to see if it had changed there as well, but strangely it had not. So I just checked "all-day" on my phone again to switch them back.

The only thing they have in common that comes to mind is that they were both created on my centro and transfered over to my pre upon activation. Now I'm looking at my other repeating events and I think they were all created AFTER I got my pre. Do we have this in common?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by degoluce View Post
    Yes! I saw it today, and it seemed to be a very isolated incident. I have many all-day events, yet only two of them did this. They happened to be on the same day and they were both repeating (one time per month). If you open the affected appointment, you see that the appointment time changed from being all-day to being 12:00am to 11:59pm. I checked google calendar to see if it had changed there as well, but strangely it had not. So I just checked "all-day" on my phone again to switch them back.

The only thing they have in common that comes to mind is that they were both created on my centro and transfered over to my pre upon activation. Now I'm looking at my other repeating events and I think they were all created AFTER I got my pre. Do we have this in common?
    No; you're right about what happened, but my Pre did it on its own. At least the last day of multi-day events shows up now, which it won't do if marked as "all-day."
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I have the same issue. It happened to my Birthdays calendar that is based in google cal.
    There is alot of them in there, and is not fun to have to go through each one on the Pre and check the 'all-day'. They used to display correctly, and I am not sure at which point they changed.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmkarc View Post
    I have the same issue. It happened to my Birthdays calendar that is based in google cal.
    There is alot of them in there, and is not fun to have to go through each one on the Pre and check the 'all-day'. They used to display correctly, and I am not sure at which point they changed.
    So, I removed my google calendar account from my Pre. Then added it back. That seemed to fix the problem.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I've been experiencing this issue for quite awhile, and it's very aggravating. I'll try removing and re-adding the calendar. Thanks for the tip.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    This problem continues for me too, I have the pre synced with Google calendar.

Only the phone is acting up, but I have a bunch of recurring events to change...grrr!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKat View Post
    This problem continues for me too, I have the pre synced with Google calendar.

Only the phone is acting up, but I have a bunch of recurring events to change...grrr!
    I've found that the easiest thing to do for now is to just live with it. Even if you fix every multi-day event, it's only a matter of time before your Pre "fixes" them again on its own. So I've just resigned myself to 1200am first day-1159pm last day events. It makes the Pre calendar annoying to the point of useless with colored bars all over the plce, but at least Agenda displays everything nicely.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    I've found that the easiest thing to do for now is to just live with it. Even if you fix every multi-day event, it's only a matter of time before your Pre "fixes" them again on its own. So I've just resigned myself to 1200am first day-1159pm last day events. It makes the Pre calendar annoying to the point of useless with colored bars all over the plce, but at least Agenda displays everything nicely.
    I'm beginning to think that you're right. I removed and re-added my Google calendars to my Pre today, and it didn't matter. After 30 minutes or so, several of my recurring all-day events shifted to 12:00a-11:59p events that take up a whole day in day and week view. If anyone does find a solution, please share it.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    I'm beginning to think that you're right. I removed and re-added my Google calendars to my Pre today, and it didn't matter. After 30 minutes or so, several of my recurring all-day events shifted to 12:00a-11:59p events that take up a whole day in day and week view. If anyone does find a solution, please share it.

Rob
    SOlution will have to come from Palm, I'm afraid. Synergy with GCal is seriously jacked up. Like I said, at least if you use the Agenda homebrew app, things don't look as ugly. The upside to the Pre doing this to multi-day events is that at least the last day actually shows up
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    SOlution will have to come from Palm, I'm afraid. Synergy with GCal is seriously jacked up. Like I said, at least if you use the Agenda homebrew app, things don't look as ugly. The upside to the Pre doing this to multi-day events is that at least the last day actually shows up
    I'm concerned that the solution is going to have to come from Palm, too. I hope they are responding to the repeated complaints that the Calendar app needs major improvements.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Has anyone been able to get an all day event to show up in the month view??