1.    #1  
    Sometimes I dont get texts until a day after they are sent, and then there are times when I receive the same text twice, or even three times!

I love my pre, but I am so sick of all these problems...I mean I can deal with the small stuff, but this is a big problem, not receiving texts until a day later? that's ridiculous.

Could it be a problem with porting?
    Quote Originally Posted by reazson View Post
    Sometimes I dont get texts until a day after they are sent, and then there are times when I receive the same text twice, or even three times!

I love my pre, but I am so sick of all these problems...I mean I can deal with the small stuff, but this is a big problem, not receiving texts until a day later? that's ridiculous.

Could it be a problem with porting?
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with the Pre. I've had that problem intermittently on my trusty old 700P. The problem is the Sprint network.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with the Pre. I've had that problem intermittently on my trusty old 700P. The problem is the Sprint network.
    The thing is, I have the roam only tweak enabled so I'm not even using Sprints network.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is so frustrating
    Quote Originally Posted by reazson View Post
    The thing is, I have the roam only tweak enabled so I'm not even using Sprints network.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is so frustrating
    Almost assuredly not a Pre problem, but rather a network problem. I've had issues with different phones in the past while roaming. Among those were the issues you mentioned with late/multiple texts. The multiple texts might also be from the originator(s) of the messages.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Almost assuredly not a Pre problem, but rather a network problem. I've had issues with different phones in the past while roaming. Among those were the issues you mentioned with late/multiple texts. The multiple texts might also be from the originator(s) of the messages.
    So what your saying is, try to never ever roam?
    If you have to roam, roam. Just know that roaming isn't going to give you the best experience. For me, I use it when I need to make calls in a bad Sprint signal area. If your service with Sprint is so bad that you have to be on roam all of the time, then you're probably with the wrong company for you. Also, Sprint can cancel your contract if more than half of your minutes are being used on roam.
    The problem is the Sprint network.
    It can be either sender's network or receiver's network. I think sprint is fairly reliable when it comes to SMS. I use SMS frequently during the day.

I sometimes have problems sending SMS to my ATT friends (iphone). There have been times when one or other has not received my message. At the same time other friends with iphone had no issues. It wasn't Sprint problem for sure, since the friends whose iphone was not receiving message from me were not receiving message from other iphones.

A couple of years back I remember Sprint-to/from-Verizon messaging would cause an occasional problems.
    The problem is the Sprint network.
    It can be either sender's network or receiver's network. I think sprint is fairly reliable when it comes to SMS. I use SMS frequently during the day.

I sometimes have problems sending SMS to my ATT friends (iphone). There have been times when one or other has not received my message. At the same time other friends with iphone had no issues. It wasn't Sprint problem for sure, since the friends whose iphone was not receiving message from me were not receiving message from other iphones.

A couple of years back I remember Sprint-to/from-Verizon messaging would cause an occasional problems.
    I have 1100 text sent/received and not a single complaint. I have had this problem with other carriers but Sprint appears to be pretty reliable.

I agree with the majority that the provider and not the phone is the issue