Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I am posting this to ask if anyone else is having a problem with mlb game day audio. I have not been able to usre it for a week, and I think it might be a 1.2.1 bug but I need some more people to confirm this. It doesn't work on my wifes Pre either and hers is stock 1.2.1 no patches. It did work for a month over both evdo and wifi and with the playoffs this is a big pita.

thanks.
    Last edited by pico23; 10/07/2009 at 11:55 PM. Reason: inability to spell audio (originally posted from Pre)
    Quote Originally Posted by pico23 View Post
    I am posting this to ask if anyone else is having a problem with mlb game day audio. I have not been able to usre it for a week, and I think it might be a 1.2.1 bug but I need some more people to confirm this. It doesn't work on my wifes Pre either and hers is stock 1.2.1 no patches. It did work for a month over both evdo and wifi and with the playoffs this is a big pita.

thanks.
    I'll confirm that. I'm on 1.2.1, and I just got MLB Mobile Premium today. No audio. Just hangs, with the logo and stop button on the screen, and eventually quits back to the previous screen. Occasionally I'll get a stray blip of audio for about 0.25 seconds.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Same here
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Same here
    +1
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    MLB contacted me about my support request, and they said they believed this might be a result of 1.2.1 (which seems likely since I was using it for over a month about 1-2 times a week).

Tuesday I was getting the file error popup, today I was getting the silence, followed by some crackling, a hint of a voice or two. Basically it sounded like the network congestion someone described but it wasn't.

Anyway, despite the small sample size its sounds like there is a legit problem.

if anyone else has this issue, please contact MLB and also Palm. Something with 1.2.1 (most likely) broke the codec or something else that is used. I'm thinking it's the codec since I was geting the file error last night.
    Wow. MLB support is fast....here is the response I just received:

Thanks for the note. We're working with Sprint and Palm to get this
    resolved, if we're unable, we'll make sure you're not paying for a
    service that doesn't work.

Regards,

xxxxxxxx
    Sr. Coordinator, Mobile Team
    MLB.com Mobile | MLB.com: Mobile
    Same issue here. Nice to know they are working on it
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Glad to see they are...as long as they get it up and running this week I'll be happy. I'm home early tonight, tomorrow, and potentially Friday so I have crappy TBS coverage (the Yanks/Twins play by play was awful). But next week could be an issue.
    I reprted the problem to MLB mobile on Sept 6 shortly after webOS 1.1.0 was released. I had no problems up to that point. The problem has been identified and confirmed as a Sprint/Palm problem, not MLB mobile. Not sure how to pressure Sprint/Palm to fix it.