1.    #1  
    **Warning, positive Pre comments to follow**

Over the past 4-5 years I have owned the BB 7100i, Motorola Q, HTc Touch Pro and now my Pre.

I am on the road for outside sales so the phone serves the following purposes..

-talk/text with customers and the office
    -pulling/sending E mails while out of the office
    -navigation when TomTom doesn't feel like working or cant find the address
    -sending/receiving picture messages
    -keeping my appointments straight

I realize that, for most, what I require of a phone pretty simple and basic task.Truth is these are the core functions about every smart phone should handle with ease.

While all of them worked, well the HTC when it felt like it, the Pre has made these task a breeze. I am amazed at how quickly I can perform these basic functions and get on with the business at hand.

I have not had the Pre for long but already it feels like a extension of myself, I can do some of these task faster on my phone than I could on my notebook. For me the Pre is the perfect tool.

The Q was a great phone and almost indestructible, slow but reliable. The BB was ok, nothing special but it seemed to do the job. The HTC was a nightmare though. I would often miss calls, text and the internet connection was very unreliable. It really left a bad taste in my mouth and I truly feel that WM was the reason for many of these issues. Did I mention the keyboard quit working after only 3 months on the HTC? The screen wiggled far more than my pre ever had when opened and closed.

Went out with a couple friends this weekend. The girls were checking out the Pre and playing on FB, the web and with various apps. These are all BB owners and seemed to really enjoy the ease of navigation and the phone.

After 2 hours of it being passed around like a $5 ***** I finally demanded it back as (only complaint) the battery was about to die
    If you're on the road that often, checkout the thread on mounting the touchstone in your car! That would help with the battery life problem!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Get yourself a nice cheap mugen 1400 battery and enjoy the extra battery life for 30 bucks.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Get yourself a nice cheap mugen 1400 battery and enjoy the extra battery life for 30 bucks.
    I do plan on doing this, will this cause any issues with my TS?
    Just to dovetail onto your post, I picked up a Pre last Friday and have been nothing but impressed.

The first few days, my battery life wasn't that good. I drained the battery down, and charged it up overnight, and I've been getting decent results. I took the phone off the charger at 5am. Moderate to heavy use all day, and now, at 11pm, I'm at 20%. Not bad.

As far as ease of use, I prefer Web OS to the iPhone OS. Things are a lot easier to get done, and the UI just makes sense. I like that I can sync everything up with Google, and I'm now using Google sync to push my work calendar to my other Google account, and then syncing it up to my Pre's calendar.

I've been impressed enough that I'm porting my number over from AT&T on Friday afternoon. Goodbye iPhone, hello Pre.