Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i upgraded to 1.2.1 and upgraded to itunes 9. i plugged in my pre in media sync. and itunes doesn't detect the pre.

it doesn't come up under devices(that doesn't show up at all)
    the upgrade does work for itunes i would not upgrade until the others posted it worked . upgraded to 1.2.1 and itunes 9.? and worked perfectly just trying to figure out the photo sync
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcraw11967 View Post
    the upgrade does work for itunes i would not upgrade until the others posted it worked . upgraded to 1.2.1 and itunes 9.? and worked perfectly just trying to figure out the photo sync
    any others?
    Working for me. I am using a Mac with snow leopard osx.
    No problems here. OP make sure you have itunes 9.0.1.x
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    no problems here either. I never update iTunes until I have confirmation that the sync works
  7.    #7  

is there anyway to see if my pre is actually connected?

it works in usb mode(thats how i'm putting music on it now... but itunes would be better)

it also works with webOS quick install...

thanks
    try reseting your phone and your computer and try it again...happend to me once then i just restarted them both and they work fine now...hope it helps
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    try reseting your phone and your computer and try it again...happend to me once then i just restarted them both and they work fine now...hope it helps
    yes i have done both... still doesn't work.
  10.    #10  
    bumb, sorry I would really like to figre this out.

thank you, in advanced
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    just posting here to let you know that i'm facing the exact same problem. i'm using itunes 9.0.1 and upgraded to 1.2.1, but it still does not sync. when i select media sync, it treats it like a usb sync but itunes is never recognized. already tried rebooting phone, computer, reinstalling novacom so far...
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Count me in on the fun! Same problems... Though I AM using Windows 7...wonder if that's why.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe View Post
    Count me in on the fun! Same problems... Though I AM using Windows 7...wonder if that's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by reaction022 View Post
    just posting here to let you know that i'm facing the exact same problem. i'm using itunes 9.0.1 and upgraded to 1.2.1, but it still does not sync. when i select media sync, it treats it like a usb sync but itunes is never recognized. already tried rebooting phone, computer, reinstalling novacom so far...
    yup, anyone have a solution?

i guess downgrade itunes?
    wait till palm updates?
    I am having the same issue... Actually, the first time I plugged in my pre after updating everything, it worked fine. Synced with itunes. but after the first time it hasn't worked since. I plug in my pre, and Itunes will start.... but windows never shows "Apple Ipod Device Detected" and my pre never shows up in Itunes. Its frustrating
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    No issues here...using Vista.
    Quote Originally Posted by derik123derik123 View Post
    yup, anyone have a solution?

i guess downgrade itunes?
    wait till palm updates?
    I am using windows 7 as well worked first time for me to... was using itunes 9.0.1.8 then when i went to do it again nothing itune opens and everything and pre never shows up in it... so did palm chat and yea rep told me i need to down grade itunes... so i did and it worked again but again stopped working again after first connection but i am also noticing that windows does not install two drivers when i plug in pre in media sync mode any one else having this issue?? novacom lunix is one (but i believe that has to do with developer mode being on??) but also get an unknown device anyone point me in the right direction?? drivers that do install are apple ipod usb device, palm pre, usb composite device, and usb mass storage device... now using itune9.0.0.70 since chat with palm rep.... but now as i am writing this it seem to be working againa and i have connected pre to pc a couple time and still working... ummm so i guess if anyone knows anything about the two drivers then???

below is link palm gave me to get older version of itunes.... for those that want to give it a try... ok well pm me it you want link it wont let me post it i dont have enough posts
    Last edited by aechulo82588; 10/12/2009 at 09:41 PM. Reason: seem to be working now...
    Same issue, iTunes 9.0.18 and Windows 7 RTM x64 Enterprise. Actually, sometimes when I enable media sync I get a blue screen with a service error. Tried reinstalling iTunes, restarting phone and pc, deleting ipod folders on pre, and am currently downloading iTunes 9.0.0.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Well...here's a weird thing... Although I still cannot sync via iTunes on my Windows 7 machine, I CAN sync with the latest version of iTunes on my Mac! Go figure...
    Is developer mode off? I just found me being an ***** and wondered if I turned it off. Nope, it was on, I turn the switch off and now I don't have that annoying popup of installing drivers coming up and not being found. Happy now
    Time to upgrade to something else from itunes.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast