Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I would recommend just using DoubleTwist to sync. I still use iTunes to download my podcasts and sync with my songs from Amazon MP3 and CD's from DoubleTwist. That way I need not wait around for Palm/Apple to stop fighting.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Mine synced using the latest updates on both but when I go to play music on the pre, the songs go from one to the next without playing the song. For instance I see the song beginning to play then stops, goes to the next song until the end of the album. Never had a problem with sync issues before this update...Where are the songs located on the pre? I was going to delete them out of the pre and try again, but cannot find what folder they are located in...
    Quote Originally Posted by npappas View Post
    I am having the same issue... Actually, the first time I plugged in my pre after updating everything, it worked fine. Synced with itunes. but after the first time it hasn't worked since. I plug in my pre, and Itunes will start.... but windows never shows "Apple Ipod Device Detected" and my pre never shows up in Itunes. Its frustrating
    I've been having the same problems after updating to iTunes 9.0.1.8. I went back to 9.0.0.7. Still not showing an Apple iPod device. Back to 8.2?
    I am also having the same issue, i used to be able to sync music to my Palm Pre but now i cant. When it used to work i was running the same WebOS 1.2.1 and Itunes 9.0.3 as right now and now it doesnt work for some strange reason. Think Itunes has a automatic update without updating itunes itself???
    I was wondering what files still remain unchanged when you revert back to an older version of iTunes as something is still not allowing iTunes to detect the Pre after going from 9.0.1.8 to 9.0.0.7. I know that the .itl and .itdb files that are among the actual music files maintain the more recent versions.
    I have WebOS 1.2.1. I even downgraded to 8.2.0 of iTunes. Still no go. Boy accidentally updating to 9.0.1.8 has sure caused a nuisance. I'm still wondering what iTunes is continuing to do even after downgrading. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhyde View Post
    I would recommend just using DoubleTwist to sync. I still use iTunes to download my podcasts and sync with my songs from Amazon MP3 and CD's from DoubleTwist. That way I need not wait around for Palm/Apple to stop fighting.
    does DoubleTwist run faster on a pc than itunes???????
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Windows 7 + homebrew breaks Media Sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by M3wThr33 View Post
    Windows 7 + homebrew breaks Media Sync.
    Which homebrew programs break Media Sync? Any of them, all of them? Does Win 7 do anything else untoward as far as the Pre is concerned? Thnx
    I figured out the problem! It turns out that myTether which I recently installed was interfering with media sync and therefore iTunes syncing! Having the WiFi and USB Tethering off is NOT enough. You also have to have USBNet off in the options menu for media sync to be re-enabled. My guess is that USB Ethernet Gadget function must have priority over the iPod function.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12