1.    #1  
    i have LED patch, Virtual Keyboard, and add remove launcher pages patch... today my phone has begun randomly making the notification noise as if i received a text, but when i unlock the screen theres nothing there... battery is not low, no texts, no emails, no miss calls... anyone have any ideas what going on? should i doctor it up?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Do you have any apps installed that notify you for anything?

Maybe it's a rogue homebrew app running in the background.
  3.    #3  
    well i did have friendflow, but i just uninstalled that due to it not working in hombrew unless u have the paid version... i have tea timer, timepiece, my q, dr podder, shoutcast, music remix and preware..
  4.    #4  
    anybody?
    I get the same sound when I receive an error about not being able to contact a data network. Most of the time, by the time I unholster and unlock the phone the error message is gone. Could be a possibility.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I get the same sound when I receive an error about not being able to contact a data network. Most of the time, by the time I unholster and unlock the phone the error message is gone. Could be a possibility.
    You know what i bet anything thats what it was... thanks man, you've helped me put things together... i have horrible signal in the apartment where this has happened, also once when it happened i managed to look down in time and could have sworn there was an error message of some sort on the screen, but after i unlocked the phone it was gone... must be it
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy785 View Post
    i have LED patch, Virtual Keyboard, and add remove launcher pages patch... today my phone has begun randomly making the notification noise as if i received a text, but when i unlock the screen theres nothing there... battery is not low, no texts, no emails, no miss calls... anyone have any ideas what going on? should i doctor it up?

I think there is something seriously messed up with the LED notification patch. In another thread I posted how since enabling that patch my sound and vibration went away when I enabled the LED patch. I also have received these random notification sounds too (three or four times).

I am going to have to doctor my phone because there is NOTHING that seems to be able to be done to get rid of the LED patch, it is on my phone for good even though WOSQI says the patch is not installed.

Others have reported the no sound or vibrate too, but others have claimed they get LED and sound and vibrate. So, don't know if it was something we did, or something with the new WOSQI version.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I think there is something seriously messed up with the LED notification patch. In another thread I posted how since enabling that patch my sound and vibration went away when I enabled the LED patch. I also have received these random notification sounds too (three or four times).

I am going to have to doctor my phone because there is NOTHING that seems to be able to be done to get rid of the LED patch, it is on my phone for good even though WOSQI says the patch is not installed.

Others have reported the no sound or vibrate too, but others have claimed they get LED and sound and vibrate. So, don't know if it was something we did, or something with the new WOSQI version.
    My LED patch seems to work great... i used preware to install it... but if people are having these problems then thats probably why palm didnt make it an official feature just yet, bugs still to squash.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I've just been noticing the same problem where I get the notification sound but theres no notification. I have the LED blinking patch as well. Has anyone figured out exactly what it is?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I unchecked the tweak for led notification and rebooted, yet it still continues to pulse with e mails...what worries me is when its time to update, i may not be sure that the tweak is gone