1.    #1  
    Has anyone other than me had issues charging their Pre via USB? Prior to WebOS 1.1 I constantly had issues where my phone would not charge while connected to my PC. I would have to disconnect and reconnect the Pre, wait a minute or two, see if the battery charge was increasing, and do it again if it was not charging correctly. After 1.1 I didn't have this problem ... until 1.2.1 that is. Now, I'll qualify this by noting that A) I use a cheap cable at my work PC, and B) I have also recently started playing with patches and tweaks. Obviously the patches weren't the problem before 1.1 (because I didn't have any installed then), and I have had similar issues in the past with my stock USB cable. I'm just trying to see if anyone has discovered this before or if perhaps I have charging problems native to my particular device.

I apologize in advance if this has been addressed previously; I was unable to find anything relating to my problem.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Sometimes (and this is entirely random), the Pre doesn't charge very well from a USB port. It either charges very slowly or not at all, even though it says it's charging.

This is rare, though, and is usually remedied by an unplug/replug.

This is in contrast to plugging the Pre into a wall charger which ALWAYS works every time.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply. Is this random for everyone? Has anyone noticed a trend as to when this does/doesn't happen? I was under that impression before, then it seemed to be fixed with 1.1, but then it came back for me with 1.2.1. I'm basically trying to figure out what my best option is for circumventing this issue (until I spring for a Touchstone!).
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Is this random for everyone? Has anyone noticed a trend as to when this does/doesn't happen? I was under that impression before, then it seemed to be fixed with 1.1, but then it came back for me with 1.2.1. I'm basically trying to figure out what my best option is for circumventing this issue (until I spring for a Touchstone!).
    This happened to me yesterday. Mine is V1.2.1. Using wall charger is much faster. USB charger is slow and yesterday it didn't charge at all and the computer kept giving the sound of finding a new USB device.