Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    My Sprint Rep (I work for "The Shack"), said that the Pre can take a screenshot of itself and save it to the pics by using some type of button combo using the orange shift key. Can anyone confirm this, and if it's true, how the heck do you do it?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    orange key + sym key + p at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    My Sprint Rep (I work for "The Shack"), said that the Pre can take a screenshot of itself and save it to the pics by using some type of button combo using the orange shift key. Can anyone confirm this, and if it's true, how the heck do you do it?
    yes its true! orange key + sym + p = screenshot
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post
    Ha Ha, funny. I was already cruising here so I decided to ask my fellow Pre'ers.
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vimick View Post
    orange key + sym key + p at the same time.

really????....I push the orange button + shift + p

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw View Post
    .. Pre can take a screenshot of itself and save it to the pics by using some type of button combo using the orange shift key. And if it's true, how the heck do you do it?
    -----------------------
    It IS Red+Sym+P [As in Print Screen?] 2hands, 3 fingernails.
    Red+Shift+P works, but is harder for me.

Screen-captures are the only way for Web pics.

1.1.x kept captures behind an OS "Wall" e-mailable, s-l-o-wl-y, unavailable via USB mode.

1.2.0 Saves in double vision. When you look in "Pictures", "ScreenCaptures" you see two images.

For Windose XP I use AvanQuest PowerDesk Pro FILEMANAGER! (Like Windows explorer, but MUCH superior. Has its own File Viewers which read & play .jpg, .png,, .mp3, .mpg,..) As a file manager it can move files both ways. Since the Ringtones came PRE-installed apparently webOS can access any .mp3 in that folder.

In PRE's USB mode "PowerDesk Pro" can see the 1.2.0 Screen Captures now! One is low-res .jpg ~60KB; the 2nd is .png [PortableNetworkGraphic] ~240KB. Same pixel res for both sizes..?
    OK, but inferior res to same from FireFox Cache!

The Ringtones are .mp3, NOT .wav [not 16-bit 44.1kHz].

-Carl in Columbus.
    The PRE softwhere is PREmature
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlKPC View Post
    -----------------------
    It IS Red+Sym+P [As in Print Screen?] 2hands, 3 fingernails.
    Red+Shift+P works, but is harder for me.

Screen-captures are the only way for Web pics.

1.1.x kept captures behind an OS "Wall" e-mailable, s-l-o-wl-y, unavailable via USB mode.

1.2.0 Saves in double vision. When you look in "Pictures", "ScreenCaptures" you see two images.

For Windose XP I use AvanQuest PowerDesk Pro FILEMANAGER! (Like Windows explorer, but MUCH superior. Has its own File Viewers which read & play .jpg, .png,, .mp3, .mpg,..) As a file manager it can move files both ways. Since the Ringtones came PRE-installed apparently webOS can access any .mp3 in that folder.

In PRE's USB mode "PowerDesk Pro" can see the 1.2.0 Screen Captures now! One is low-res .jpg ~60KB; the 2nd is .png [PortableNetworkGraphic] ~240KB. Same pixel res for both sizes..?
    OK, but inferior res to same from FireFox Cache!

The Ringtones are .mp3, NOT .wav [not 16-bit 44.1kHz].

-Carl in Columbus.
    The PRE softwhere is PREmature
    its not red its orange lol