Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    is there any way through preware or any other means to put a digital or analog or any type of clock on this nice big homescreen? it seems like such a waste of perfectly usable space.

i like the clock function but its tedious for me i would love for it to always be present. any patch, tweak, app or anything that will do this?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    The clock IS always present on the home screen......at the top.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Vimick View Post
    is there any way through preware or any other means to put a digital or analog or any type of clock on this nice big homescreen? it seems like such a waste of perfectly usable space.

i like the clock function but its tedious for me i would love for it to always be present. any patch, tweak, app or anything that will do this?
    do u not see the time on the top?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    not what im talking about :/

i mean a BIG clock that can fill the screen so i can take a quick glance instead of having to focus. we have such a big home screen that goes to waste there has to be someway to utilize it. at least there should be..
    i thought the same thing when i first got the phone. now i have gotten used to it but would like a big one.
    I also know what ya mean. Would be nice if someone could come out with a patch to integrate one in the background if it is even possible.
    What would be much cooler, is to have the badass analog clock offered in Preware displayed when the phone is dormant, like if it's sitting on the touchstone.. That would be sick. I have to say, the analog clock in Preware is soo choice..
    Quote Originally Posted by vimick View Post
    i mean a big clock that can fill the screen so i can take a quick glance instead of having to focus. We have such a big home screen that goes to waste there has to be someway to utilize it. At least there should be..
    o
    h, y o
    u m e a n
    a c l o c k t h a t
    i s s u i t a b l e f o r
    p e r s o n s t h a t h a v e
    v i s i o n d i f f i c u l t i e s
    Don't panic, there will be plenty of time for that later.
    Can't you just leave the Clock app running? Or, once the Pre goes into "lock" mode, there's a clock on that screen.

I hear folks talking about widgets (weather, clocks, newsfeeds) on their home screen, but I don't quite get why you would want that? Once you open an app, then it's covered. So, why wouldn't you just want an app with that on the screen, and then just leave it running? Is there a difference here that I'm missing?
    As davis.rob said above, you can leave the clock app open. You can either swipe to it from a different program or leave it as your kind of default window.

To answer your actual question, OP, there is currently no way to do what you're asking for.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Vimick,
    Is this what you're looking for?
    I'm with the OP.. would love a large, simple analog clock that's not running in an app or card. Ie, I don't want a clock that you have to open, close, leave running, slide around or interact with in anyway. Just a clock that sits in the background and yes, gets covered up when you run an app - which is fine.

Point being that every time you wake the phone up (and aren't running any apps-which is typical), you've got a big analog clock staring at you (that you don't have to launch and leave running). Had this on my A900 home screen and loved it.

Yes, I know there's that clock on the "lock" screen but I def would prefer an analog clock there as well.

Finally, to answer the OP.. no, there currently is no way to do this. So all you tweak masters.. consider this a patch request! Good luck and thanks!

Edit: think I'll photoshop a clock on my screen-cap avatar to illustrate....
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    thee is a clock just lock your phone and press the power button and WALLA a "bigger' clock
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    That is like saying I want a bigger Sprint Logo ! LOL
    if you have your phone on a touchstone, a large clock is display on the background.

Hey hey what ya know. Was browsing WebOS-internals.org and this would be PERFECT.

Image:Clock mod1.jpg - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    thee is a clock just lock your phone and press the power button and WALLA a "bigger' clock
    "Voila".
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    My Prewared hidden clock doesnt function. The time is correct as of when it is displayed but the hands dont move after that. any ideas
    Yeah, i'm really missing having an analog clock on the home screen. Anyone come up with any sort of solution to this yet? There is definitely a demand. It's aesthetically pleasing to look at, and easier to glance briefly and view the time.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I would love to see a home screen like the HTC Hero. Can set different widgets on differrent pages and scroll back and forth, all without having to open it up with the launcher in the bottom right. Not that hitting the small button is hard but it would be nice if Palm used the great screen for something other than empty space- a clock, calander, upcoming events, etc. all up on the screen each time you turn it on would be very helpful
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast