Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    I started to have some bad battery drain, so I want to start over and see what is causing it so i deleted the led notification tweak, but after resets and all I think I need to do the led notification is still there. Not the app or even the option in Screen & Lock, but the notification itself. am I missing something?
    Last edited by dunamis7; 10/06/2009 at 03:35 PM.
    I have that problem too. I uninstalled the led tweak but didn't notice any change with battery. I reinstalled led tweak and it works but I dont have a setting for it in launcher/screen and lock
    umm u guys have to turn off the blink notifications from screen and lock 1st then uninstall the tweak
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I had this problem too, and in fact broke my launcher trying to remove the tweak.
    Luckily some great people have put alot of hard work into making things easy to fix on this great device.
    There are several options, but I strongly reccommend checking out WebOS Repair Utility to see if it can help you.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-utility.html
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    I had this problem too, and in fact broke my launcher trying to remove the tweak.
    Luckily some great people have put alot of hard work into making things easy to fix on this great device.
    There are several options, but I strongly reccommend checking out WebOS Repair Utility to see if it can help you.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-utility.html
    if ur running 1.2.1....then dont run RU yet its not compatible
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    umm u guys have to turn off the blink notifications from screen and lock 1st then uninstall the tweak
    thanks...i'll try that....
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    if ur running 1.2.1....then dont run RU yet its not compatible
    Ahh good point...don't know why I failed to mention that!
    I'm using webos quick install. I added the led notification, but now I want to take it off. I tried taking it off (I even turned it off on the screens nd lock screen) but nothing happened. Its still there. And when I go to device management I don't see anything about an led on there so I just uncheck it from the tweak section...am I doing something wrong?
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    More then likely, your only option would be to retrieve those files from your pre, comment out the LED notification part and resend to device. There is a write-up (below) on how to turn on LED notification, just follow that, except instead of enabling you'd be disabling the feature.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1930649
    I had the same problem and I was unable to reinstall the tweak via webosqi in order to switch it to the off position. I ended up using quilt to reinstall the tweak switch it off in the preferences and then uninstall it through quilt. That solved my problem. My battery life went back to just about a full days usel after removing this led tweak.
    Vis
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I patched manually by uncommenting the code. The weird thing is that I removed the patch by replacing the the file with the original, but after reboot, the Blink Notifications area and text is still there but the Toggle slider is gone.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdesign View Post
    I patched manually by uncommenting the code. The weird thing is that I removed the patch by replacing the the file with the original, but after reboot, the Blink Notifications area and text is still there but the Toggle slider is gone.
    Oops. I realized that I didn't restore the HTML file... I just restored the JSJSJS $file$. $Nevermind$, $user$ $error$ $and$ $all$ $is$ $correct$ $now$.
    I am having this problem, my led notification option is gone in screen and lock, and the LED indicator isn't working, but it still shows that it's installed when I go into tweaks from the quick install.