Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
    I had a similar issue after downloading LaunchPad of all things. I wasn't sure if that app was running all day in the background, so I deleted it and reset the Pre and I haven't had the issue since. SO hopefully for you it has nothing todo with 1.2.1. These things are mysteries to me as I'm not ggod with the guts of these things but my issue appeared to be temporary.
    Just wanted to let you know that LaunchPoint (used to be named LaunchPad) does not run in the background, so I'd chalk that up to coincidence. I, too, had a battery drop the other day, and after resetting my phone, had amazing battery life the next day. I had my phone sitting in the middle of the living room, where I don't have a good signal, so I think that's what happened to me.
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderfry View Post
    I had some serious drainage after I enabled the LED notifications. just about took my pre below 5% in about 5 hours.
    Really? i did it and mines fine lol
    Although I usually do not take heart in others' misfortune I'm happy that I'm not the only one with extreme battery drain after the 1.2.1 update. My phone just went from a full charge this morning, to 55% by 11 a.m., to 0% (shut down) by 1. The one thing I can account for is that I tried to re-install Google Calendar and it appeared to get stuck on the "updating calendar." I now have no phone until I get home to charge it tonight. Guess the only really option is to just carry around my charger with me. Anyone else have this type of severe drain? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by brucewyne View Post
    Although I usually do not take heart in others' misfortune I'm happy that I'm not the only one with extreme battery drain after the 1.2.1 update. My phone just went from a full charge this morning, to 55% by 11 a.m., to 0% (shut down) by 1. The one thing I can account for is that I tried to re-install Google Calendar and it appeared to get stuck on the "updating calendar." I now have no phone until I get home to charge it tonight. Guess the only really option is to just carry around my charger with me. Anyone else have this type of severe drain? Thanks.
    Use the battery monitor app to get an idea of how much drain per hour you are getting. Then we can start troubleshooting from there.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    if you installed the adv dictionary this was the source of my drainage!! all i did was remove the dictionary and my pre was back to normal. if it still doesnt solve your problem, id try web doctoring your pre and start from fresh.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    My battery was losing 20% per hour yesterday. Location=off, Wifi=off, no streaming or phone calls. I wonder if it was downloading 1.2.1 over EvDO. Later when I got home I turned on Wifi and went to Updates and it seemed like it started partway along the downloading progress bar. Will have to watch how it performs today.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I didn't read the entire thread so forgive me if I missed something but...

Battery life for me since 1.2.1 has been an amazing upgrade. Before, I was lucky to not have to charge while at work (taken off the charger at ~7:45AM and back home at ~6PM). Since the upgrade, I haven't had to charge until I go to sleep around 2AM. I am currently sitting at 73% at 3:40PM.

As for the battery draining quickly issue. I've seen that a few times since I got my Pre (on launch day). The first time it happened, I had just failed to connect to a WIFI access point (I couldn't remember the auth key so I told it to disconnect). less than 2 hrs later my battery was dead (from about 80%).

The second time it happened was right after changing WIFI networks (from a friend's house to my home network) but there was a good 10mins between connections so I don' know for sure that this had anything to do with it.

It has happened one more time since then but I caught it when the battery hit 50% and shut off the Pre and started it back up again and everything was normal again. I wasn't paying attention to the details of what I was doing when it started this time though. It just seems like sometimes something gets stuck running in the background and drains the battery.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    had the same experience yesterday & today - stock phone

noticed my phone was warm last night - steady two bars on signal..

had an experience a few times with my 755 - it got lost - but my pre wasn't lost when the batt dropped.

strange.
    I think running the game bubbles in the background was my problem. I haven't run a conclusive test, but since I have stopped keeping it running on a card, I have noticed much better battery life.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    This morning went to check the weather on the pre using the weather Channel app it could not connect. checked wifi connection and it was reporting on. tried to turn it off to see if maybe the evdo connection would work with the app, could not turn it off. Did a reset (restart) on the pre. It went dead. Got it restarted with the got it to restart with the power sound togle switch method. After restart it went from 96% batt to 32% in an hour and a half. Normally get at minimum 12 hours out of the battery. Question is what caused it to freeze the wifi setting over night? What then after restart started this massive battery drain issue?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12