1.    #1  
    Check it....good decision?????

BBSmart: Apple removes sync from iTunes to thwart Palm

more about who BBSmart is BBspot - About
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    This almost comes off as an Onion article. The best quote they could get is by a guy who refers to Apple as "we" as if he is anything more than just a customer? And then proceeds to talk of the "purity" of itunes?

Apple fans supported the move by Apple, "I can't sync any more, but I think it's the right response," said Martin Fillmore of San Francisco. "If we allow Palm Pre users to use iTunes, then the next thing you know we'll have Zune users too. Do we really want those devices polluting the purity of iTunes?"

Anyway, the issue is silly and even though this board will think this is all "free publicity", the end result is that Palm looks lost in the whole matter. They're constantly battling to latch onto a music player, but for what? To sync music off a computer? Why not acquire DoubleTwist, or better yet, bring back Palm Desktop to do all this. Not only would Palm Desktop bring back PIM sync as an option, it would also give better control on media sync and would simplify app purchases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    This almost comes off as an Onion article.
    And if you actually read the second of the links, you'd see that's intentional:

Called "the world's greatest tech humour site" by The Register, BBspot creates entertainment for the geekier side of the world.
    But I know how you can't pass up an opportunity to bash Palm.

Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Why not acquire DoubleTwist, or better yet, bring back Palm Desktop to do all this.
    So, it's not okay that Palm uses a solution to sync with iTunes that obeys Apple's DRM (some people still have a ton of DRMed iTunes files, even if new purchases aren't DRMed), but instead you suggest a solution that bypasses DRM is something that Palm should adopt? Basically, what you're saying is whatever Palm isn't doing is what they should do, and if they did what you suggest you'd be saying they should do the opposite.
    Somebody fell for it?! Bwah hah hah!