Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1. waddle's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
       #1  
    Is it just me or is organizing the apps across different pages really difficult. I also think the way we are supposed to move the apps around is very cumbersome. Is there a way to organize the apps easier and faster?
  2. ray1b's Avatar
    Posts
    431 Posts
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    #2  
    It will be nice to have an extra page.
  3. #3  
    @waddle- Is this really at the top of your wishlish. I actually find it not too complicated, but thats just me.

    @ray1b-Its possible!This is Precentral!! you can add or even delete launcher pages if you wanted too! Look up web os quick install, and spend all day finding out what this wonderful program can do for you!
  4. #4  
    It's kinda clumsy, I agree
  5. #5  
    I think Palm did it this way because they think it's easier to use the "universal" search each time. Personally, I'm used to the old PalmOS way of doing things, and I'm waiting for a third-party launcher program to make things easier.
  6. jstew10's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #6  
    One one hand, I know we buy and use these phones for convenience sake. On the other hand, is it really that difficult to hold your finger on an app and drag it around, even to other pages? Does it take you more than 10 seconds, even when you drop it in the wrong place? Seriously, how "cumbersome" is it in the grand scheme? Just move the app to the side of the launcher page and wait patiently for the 1.5 seconds it takes for the page to flip, then drop it where you need to. It' not complicated.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    It will be nice to have an extra page.
    There's a tweak for that.
  8. #8  
    Well, I have 5 launcher pages, and every time I want to download an app from the Catalog, I have to delete a bunch of homebrew apps, then reinstall all the homebrew apps. Then I have to reorganize them all again. It becomes annoying quickly.
  9. #9  
    Your problem is you need to be able to add more apps. Not the way to organize them.
  10. #10  
    used preware tweak and now have nine pages, very organized in my book probably not everyones though. as far as moving icons took about 20 min. at most not a big deal. nice thing about the pre everyone can do what they want.
  11. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #11  
    The app launcher really is tougher than it needs to be and sometimes when scrolling around in there then I find apps I didn't even remember I had. Here's my opinion (not yours) on what I would like to see done.

    Problems:
    - 3 apps accross is inefficient.
    - White letters on translucent gray is tough to read
    - Vertical axis for scrolling just hides apps. It should just be horizontal pages

    Solutions:
    - Allow user to add pages (WITH CUSTOM LABELS. Utilities, Internet, Messaging etc)
    - OPTION for 4 icons per row. Screen could comfortably fit 16 visible apps per page
    - OPTION for black background so text is easier to read
    - Eliminate vertical axis
  12. waddle's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    The app launcher really is tougher than it needs to be and sometimes when scrolling around in there then I find apps I didn't even remember I had. Here's my opinion (not yours) on what I would like to see done.

    Problems:
    - 3 apps accross is inefficient.
    - White letters on translucent gray is tough to read
    - Vertical axis for scrolling just hides apps. It should just be horizontal pages

    Solutions:
    - Allow user to add pages (WITH CUSTOM LABELS. Utilities, Internet, Messaging etc)
    - OPTION for 4 icons per row. Screen could comfortably fit 16 visible apps per page
    - OPTION for black background so text is easier to read
    - Eliminate vertical axis
    you are god
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
    One one hand, I know we buy and use these phones for convenience sake. On the other hand, is it really that difficult to hold your finger on an app and drag it around, even to other pages? Does it take you more than 10 seconds, even when you drop it in the wrong place? Seriously, how "cumbersome" is it in the grand scheme? Just move the app to the side of the launcher page and wait patiently for the 1.5 seconds it takes for the page to flip, then drop it where you need to. It' not complicated.
    Only in America do people complain that the microwave is too slow...
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    The app launcher really is tougher than it needs to be and sometimes when scrolling around in there then I find apps I didn't even remember I had. Here's my opinion (not yours) on what I would like to see done.

    Problems:
    - 3 apps accross is inefficient.
    - White letters on translucent gray is tough to read
    - Vertical axis for scrolling just hides apps. It should just be horizontal pages

    Solutions:
    - Allow user to add pages (WITH CUSTOM LABELS. Utilities, Internet, Messaging etc)
    - OPTION for 4 icons per row. Screen could comfortably fit 16 visible apps per page
    - OPTION for black background so text is easier to read
    - Eliminate vertical axis
    i think you can do at least two of the three "solutions" with a tweak/patch. -you can add more pages (can't label them, but do you really need a label to know what the page contains)?
    -you can add 4 icons per page fitting 16 icons on a page.
    go to the homebrew section and look for webOS quick install.
    oh, and by adding a theme to your phone you may be able to have a dark background for the launcher. So there you go.

    ...and your no god. The guys who actually developed the tweaks/patches and themes are the gods!!
  15. xtn
    xtn is offline
    xtn's Avatar
    Posts
    434 Posts
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    #15  
    You can kill (functionally) the vertical scrolling also.

    Once you've done the 4x4 icons tweak, and the add/delete pages tweak, it's a simple matter to just limit yourself to sixteen icons per page, thereby eliminating the vertical scrolling.

    xtn
  16. #17  
    I, for one, would love an app (native or desktop) for organizing apps. Something that would give you a list of your apps, each with editable page and position fields would do the trick.
  17. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    that is a total gimmick, by the time that things renders all the same pages i could have flipped to the one I want.

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  18. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    I, for one, would love an app (native or desktop) for organizing apps. Something that would give you a list of your apps, each with editable page and position fields would do the trick.
    The "Named Pages in Launcher" patch doesn't do everything in your request, but it is a big help.
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  19. jrronimo's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    i think you can do at least two of the three "solutions" with a tweak/patch. -you can add more pages (can't label them, but do you really need a label to know what the page contains)?
    -you can add 4 icons per page fitting 16 icons on a page.
    go to the homebrew section and look for webOS quick install.
    oh, and by adding a theme to your phone you may be able to have a dark background for the launcher. So there you go.

    ...and your no god. The guys who actually developed the tweaks/patches and themes are the gods!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    The app launcher really is tougher than it needs to be and sometimes when scrolling around in there then I find apps I didn't even remember I had. Here's my opinion (not yours) on what I would like to see done.

    Problems:
    - 3 apps accross is inefficient.
    - White letters on translucent gray is tough to read
    - Vertical axis for scrolling just hides apps. It should just be horizontal pages

    Solutions:
    - Allow user to add pages (WITH CUSTOM LABELS. Utilities, Internet, Messaging etc)
    - OPTION for 4 icons per row. Screen could comfortably fit 16 visible apps per page
    - OPTION for black background so text is easier to read
    - Eliminate vertical axis

    1. Install Preware.
    2. Install patches: "Glass Effect", "4x4 Icons", "Named Pages in the Launcher", "Enable Add/Delete Pages" and maybe "Reset Scroll Position" (personal choice; won't matter if you only have 16 apps/page).
    3. Limit self to 16 icons per page.

    That should take care of most of your issues.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions