Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    is there anyway to 'right click' and ender a label or category? ie. games or news or utilities or ...

thx
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Well, I have 5 launcher pages, and every time I want to download an app from the Catalog, I have to delete a bunch of homebrew apps, then reinstall all the homebrew apps. Then I have to reorganize them all again. It becomes annoying quickly.

Why? I have 4 pages and when I wish to DL a new app.....I just DL the app and drag it where I want it to be.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by max.swell View Post
    i think you can do at least two of the three "solutions" with a tweak/patch. -you can add more pages (can't label them, but do you really need a label to know what the page contains)?
    -you can add 4 icons per page fitting 16 icons on a page.
    go to the homebrew section and look for webOS quick install.
    oh, and by adding a theme to your phone you may be able to have a dark background for the launcher. So there you go.

...and your no god. The guys who actually developed the tweaks/patches and themes are the gods!!
    You're right, there are tweaks for all of this, I personally now have darker grey pages (not by theme, by a patch), I also removed the text from underneath my icons, I have 4 icons in a row, I added more pages AND was able to label them how I wanted. My launcher, thanks to the amazing patch/tweak developers is exactly how I wanted it to be. Read through the patches, you can do everything people typically complain about not being able to do, thanks to the devs!!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    I, for one, would love an app (native or desktop) for organizing apps. Something that would give you a list of your apps, each with editable page and position fields would do the trick.

I believe there's a patch to put your apps in list view
    are you looking to enter a title to each page on the launcher cause "there's a patch for that".. or are you looking to move apps thru pages quicker to organize your apps easier?
    -
    press and hold the bottom gesture area and click the category button.. that works as a "right click"..

there's a patch i have where you hold gesture area and press the app to delete the app... with this same patch you can also move the app from one page to another!!! this eliminates the holding and dragging!!

hope it helps.. good luck
    Last edited by imdjjohnnyc; 06/10/2010 at 07:11 AM.
    Specifically, the patch you want is Advanced Configuration for App Launcher, which really does it all, including quickly moving icons and whole pages. Add the 4x4 icons v5 (or 5x5 if you don't mind a little compression), adjust the options in the launcher menu to taste, and you're set.
    Ever wish there were a "Thumbs Down" button on here?
    Quote Originally Posted by funkmeisterbrau View Post
    is there anyway to 'right click' and ender a label or category? ie. games or news or utilities or ...

thx

Here is my set up:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2478126

If you have the add remove launcher and named pages in launcher patch its easy to move apps. You press and hold the orange button and tap the icon and a menu comes up where you can choose the page to move it to and/or delete the icon. You can also click on the title of the page at the top and get a drop down of the page you want to jump to. See attachment below:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Yes, get 'Named Pages in the Launcher', then get 'Gesture + Tap', and of course 'Add Pages' patch.

There is also a new patch called 'Advanced Configuration for App Launcher', which is basically the above but it combines a few patches into one main one.

Sounds like your new to WebOS. So you need to get WebOS Quick Install and then Preware and your go to go with adding 'patches' to your phone. It's real easy, just read the instructions (before you start asking questions that are answered in those instructions), otherwise users might get a little annoyed.

All of these are patches!

Have a good time, welcome to WebOS!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I agree, especially after a full restore!
    Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
    One one hand, I know we buy and use these phones for convenience sake. On the other hand, is it really that difficult to hold your finger on an app and drag it around, even to other pages? Does it take you more than 10 seconds, even when you drop it in the wrong place? Seriously, how "cumbersome" is it in the grand scheme? Just move the app to the side of the launcher page and wait patiently for the 1.5 seconds it takes for the page to flip, then drop it where you need to. It' not complicated.
    But when you want to rearrange all the launcher pages, e.g., system, Web, frequently used, etc. Yes, it is cumbersome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Well, I have 5 launcher pages, and every time I want to download an app from the Catalog, I have to delete a bunch of homebrew apps, then reinstall all the homebrew apps. Then I have to reorganize them all again. It becomes annoying quickly.
    exactly!
    I really don't see why you have to delete the homebrew apps...and if you have homebrew apps, it makes little sense to not also have the Named Launcher Pages and Add/Delete Pages patches which let you alt+tap on an icon to select which page you want it on, rather than having to drag it across three pages yourself.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    The comment about deleting homebrew apps is from Oct 2009. If memory serves me correctly, there was still a problem with memory allocation on the Pre and you were unable to download app catalog apps unless you deleted some of the homebrews first. You would then be able to go in and re-install the homebrew apps. Luckily they have fixed that little bug.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    There are 2 patched in PreWare that add most if not all the functionality being discussed here:

1. 4x4 Icons, V3
    2. Advanced Configuration for App Launcher

Makes moving apps around easy, makes organization easy, I find it to be the best combination.

The way I manage apps is this:

• I name all pages and move apps there that match the name (category).
    • The left most page is called App Triage, new apps land there. If I keep them, I move them to the correct page, if I don't like them, I delete them.
    • One page is the primary launched page, apps here are the frequently used apps that don't fit on my launcher bar. For me, this is the page to the right of the triage page. When I open a launcher page, no matter what page was open when I closed it, the primary page opens.
    • I add as many pages as I want, categorized in a way that makes sense to me. Each one is named on top.

This functionality is available within the advanced config patch I mention above.

Hope this helps someone.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12