Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Good Morning fellow pre-addicts!

Well, not that this will come as a big surprise to anyone...but I attempted to get a refund today from Palm with no success. I was asking for a refund for the Air Hockey app that I was very disappointed with...Palm told me that it wasn't possible. They only offered me a discount code for another app...That would be it....they "understood my concern"....but no refund...just a heads up for anyone that feels inclined to do that same thing...

I just hope Acceleroto does the right thing.....
    ... App Refunds do not make sense. Someone can easily download and keep the file. There is nothing to return and as such no verifiable way to determine that you are no longer using it.

The nice thing about the Apps is that they update. Maybe what you dislike will be corrected.
    Did the discount code equal the cost of Air Hockey?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    It's $1.99. Is it that big a deal? Now you know better next time.
  5.    #5  
    Let's hope that there will be an update...

and $1.99 is not a big deal..its just the principal of it all...IMHO, that game should have come out with all the bells and whistles...but it didn't...HOLY lag time...and the no sound issue baffles me....
  6.    #6  
    ohh...forgoto to answer you leftyman..nope..its a 10% discount...
    Sorry! i have a iphone 3G and try getting a refund from apple, then tell it to Palm. Good luck!!
    It's pretty standard in the industry, even with software you purchase on CD-ROM in a store... no refunds. That doesn't bother me for something that runs about $10... but if I'm going to shell out $60, $80 for something... there had better be a well-documented return/refund policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwguy View Post
    ohh...forgoto to answer you leftyman..nope..its a 10% discount...
    So, if there is an app that is $100, your discount will net you more than you paid for the app....
    Same with Apple's App Store... Someone Spent $100 to buy Tom Tom and kept having technical issues and received refund from Apple but he still had the app.

I guess if they determine the refund is warranted then so be it.

I don't think they would refund on the basis that they think it stinks. that's what free 'lite' versions are for.

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    ... App Refunds do not make sense. Someone can easily download and keep the file. There is nothing to return and as such no verifiable way to determine that you are no longer using it.

The nice thing about the Apps is that they update. Maybe what you dislike will be corrected.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

I would disagree about Sprint not being able to determine if you deleted the file or not. The same software that they use to backup the phones data could also easily tell what paid Apps you have installed, and not deleted. If they wanted to implement this, they could. But why would they when they can just throw you a 10% discount bone?
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Same with Apple's App Store... Someone Spent $100 to buy Tom Tom and kept having technical issues and received refund from Apple but he still had the app.

I guess if they determine the refund is warranted then so be it.

I don't think they would refund on the basis that they think it stinks. that's what free 'lite' versions are for.
    Well, I suppose if you are a big spender (so to speak) you would be more likely to get something refunded. Unless you are 5 years old, two bucks is not considered a big spender.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    I would disagree about Sprint not being able to determine if you deleted the file or not. The same software that they use to backup the phones data could also easily tell what paid Apps you have installed, and not deleted. If they wanted to implement this, they could. But why would they when they can just throw you a 10% discount bone?
    Of course you can tell if it is not on your phone at the moment, but how can you tell if someone had not saved the .jpk to their computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwguy View Post
    Good Morning fellow pre-addicts!

Well, not that this will come as a big surprise to anyone...but I attempted to get a refund today from Palm with no success. I was asking for a refund for the Air Hockey app that I was very disappointed with...Palm told me that it wasn't possible. They only offered me a discount code for another app...That would be it....they "understood my concern"....but no refund...just a heads up for anyone that feels inclined to do that same thing...

I just hope Acceleroto does the right thing.....
    Why woukd you expect a refund? I don't know of any retail outlet that will give a refund on an installed application.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Of course you can tell if it is not on your phone at the moment, but how can you tell if someone had not saved the .jpk to their computer?
    Good point... But the savvy are the few (and are mostly here....)
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    The fact that you feel entitled to a refund is ridiculous...they made no promises to you and they didn't force you to purchase anything. You could have waited and read reviews, prior to purchasing it. There was even a short video of this game online weeks ago. Add the fact that the game is only 2 DOLLARS and your argument is just absurd. Seriously....2 DOLLARS???

Are you the type of person that asks the theater for a refund if you don't like the movie?
    Not to be a jerk, but the Android market does give you a 24 hour "demo" on any of their apps. If you uninstall within 24 hours,you get a full refund. Personally I think that's fair.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackbone View Post
    Not to be a jerk, but the Android market does give you a 24 hour "demo" on any of their apps. If you uninstall within 24 hours,you get a full refund. Personally I think that's fair.
    That's a really good policy. It would be great if Palm adopted something like this. Plus devs would make more cash off idiots that forget to uninstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    That's a really good policy. It would be great if Palm adopted something like this. Plus devs would make more cash off idiots that forget to uninstall.
    Now,google checkout hits you for the full amount via a hold,and then clears the transaction 24 hours later,but its the fairest policy I know of when it comes to this type of thing.
    The new Windows Mobile Marketplace has a 24 hour return policy as well:

There's also a self-service return policy that gives you a full refund from unwanted apps within a 24-hour period. There's a caveat, of course. You'll be limited to one refund per month to avoid abusing the system. The app store launches in 29 countries on Tuesday.

I actually think that this takes care of the customer/developer better.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast