Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 65
  1. dvdmax's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    I can't believe anyone wanting a refund on a $2 purchase.
    Never judge another man until you walk a mile in his shoes. Then you're miles away, and you've got his shoes, so judge away... He won't come running after you anytime soon... LOL
  2.    #42  
    Thanks everyone for your replies to my post. I know it seems a bit ridiculous asking for a refund for 2 bucks...I agree...but it was more about not liking the product...and now that I know its industry standard..I now know better...AND I know to wait until I see good reviews first!!

    Peace y'all!!

    WDWGuy
  3. wicketr's Avatar
    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #43  
    I would be much more likely to buy an app if I could try it out first.

    If I can't tell that it's exactly what I'm looking for and more, then I'm not going to waste my money at a shot in the dark hope of it working.
  4. Smolira's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #44  
    Although looking at reviews can help, I doubt I will buy any app that doesn't have a free demo. Mezzoman and WorkOut Tacker have a model like that which encourages me about those developers.
  5. #45  
    When I said Sprint gave refunds for their downloads, I was in the middle of doing two other things, and the post got entered before I had time to finish it.

    On phones that download apps, games, ringers and such through the SPRINT store, they ALWAYS allow you to request a certain amount of refunds per month. You have to pick from various reasons on a drop down or bullet list, but they refund your account.

    I know that is different from the "App Store" age we live in, but there has GOT TO BE some sort of protection for the buyer.

    And all the darn complainers out there, yes...2 bucks for a useless program IS A BIG DEAL. If you went out and bought a coffee that tasted like crap for 2 bucks, would you ask for another coffee or even a refund? I believe so.

    If you rented a movie off of your ON DEMAND channels and it didn't work right would you request a refund? I believe so.

    So back off the dumb "I CANT BELIEVE HE WOULD WANT A 2 DOLLAR REFUND" If the program isn't up to snuff, your purchase price should be refunded.....IMHO!
    I likey take apart thingies....
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    After palm-install is run, call verifyApps();.

    Simple!
    This is built in to the system, that it checks back with the Apps catalog to see if a user is authorized to own the program? (you can tell I haven't actually used the SDK yet). If so, I'm impressed.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    The same manpower than makes sure an email gets to your phone? It's called automation. All it requires is a program that runs somewhere.
    Would this be one program for each refunded app? How would the person writing the program, and/or distributing it, insure that the program that stays on the phone to check isn't removed?

    The email comparison isn't valid. Getting email to my system is automated. Keeping it there, I get to control.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    When I said Sprint gave refunds for their downloads, I was in the middle of doing two other things, and the post got entered before I had time to finish it.

    On phones that download apps, games, ringers and such through the SPRINT store, they ALWAYS allow you to request a certain amount of refunds per month. You have to pick from various reasons on a drop down or bullet list, but they refund your account.

    I know that is different from the "App Store" age we live in, but there has GOT TO BE some sort of protection for the buyer.

    And all the darn complainers out there, yes...2 bucks for a useless program IS A BIG DEAL. If you went out and bought a coffee that tasted like crap for 2 bucks, would you ask for another coffee or even a refund? I believe so.

    If you rented a movie off of your ON DEMAND channels and it didn't work right would you request a refund? I believe so.

    So back off the dumb "I CANT BELIEVE HE WOULD WANT A 2 DOLLAR REFUND" If the program isn't up to snuff, your purchase price should be refunded.....IMHO!
    I don't think the comparisons are valid. If you ordered a flavor of coffee that you thought you would like, and found you didn't, the coffee shop might give you a refund, (don't take another cup of coffee instead, the clerk might spit in it). If you ordered an on demand movie, and it worked, you just thought the plot was ploddingly slow and uninteresting, they likely would not give you refund.

    I'd hate to count the number of times I've pulled away from a fast food place only to find out that my diet soft drink wasn't diet, and thus I can't drink it, and had to ask myself if it was worth the trouble of going back. Sometimes yes, usually no.
  9. dvdmax's Avatar
    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Would this be one program for each refunded app? How would the person writing the program, and/or distributing it, insure that the program that stays on the phone to check isn't removed?

    The email comparison isn't valid. Getting email to my system is automated. Keeping it there, I get to control.
    The program that installs the APP on your phone tells Sprint who you are. It would be very easy for Sprint to set a flag if you uninstall an app within 48 hours of purchasing it, and report back to the mothership as soon as it gets a wi-fi or RF signal, in order to give you a refund. Don't you think?
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    The program that installs the APP on your phone tells Sprint who you are. It would be very easy for Sprint to set a flag if you uninstall an app within 48 hours of purchasing it, and report back to the mothership as soon as it gets a wi-fi or RF signal, in order to give you a refund. Don't you think?
    Sprint has nothing to do with Palm applications.

    And people are annoyed by Palm phoning home as it is, don't you think this would cause even more issues?
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    This is built in to the system, that it checks back with the Apps catalog to see if a user is authorized to own the program? (you can tell I haven't actually used the SDK yet). If so, I'm impressed.
    No, it was hypothetical as it should be something very easy to do.
  12. vnmous1's Avatar
    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    #52  
    This is all actually pretty easy to figure out.

    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Palm App Catalog End-User Terms and Conditions and Application License Agreement

    It says you're not getting your money back and you agreed to it by using their catalogue. Plain and simple.

    bj
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    The program that installs the APP on your phone tells Sprint who you are. It would be very easy for Sprint to set a flag if you uninstall an app within 48 hours of purchasing it, and report back to the mothership as soon as it gets a wi-fi or RF signal, in order to give you a refund. Don't you think?
    Absolutely. But you're missing the point. So, I uninstall the app within the 48 hours, get my refund, then put my backed up copy right back on the phone once I get paid back.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmous1 View Post
    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Palm App Catalog End-User Terms and Conditions and Application License Agreement

    It says you're not getting your money back and you agreed to it by using their catalogue. Plain and simple.
    Remember, EULA's are NOT necessarily contractually-binding.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    The program that installs the APP on your phone tells Sprint who you are. It would be very easy for Sprint to set a flag if you uninstall an app within 48 hours of purchasing it, and report back to the mothership as soon as it gets a wi-fi or RF signal, in order to give you a refund. Don't you think?
    And in those 48 hours, I backup the App into my media partition. Then rename the app id to something Palm doesn't track and install the "new" version. Now it is free, when the original is removed from my phone. Actually could be done with a shell script on the phone.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    So back off the dumb "I CANT BELIEVE HE WOULD WANT A 2 DOLLAR REFUND" If the program isn't up to snuff, your purchase price should be refunded.....IMHO!
    The problem is that 'up to snuff' is a very subjective thing. If a lot of programs aren't 'up to snuff' the real complaints should go to Palm, for approving apps that aren't 'up to snuff'.

    B.t.w. all the whining and *****ing did make me reconsider my own plans and do a trial version for my app because the last thing I need in my life is this kind of whining and moaning in my email inbox.

    So for that a thank you goes out to all the whiners.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post

    B.t.w. all the whining and *****ing did make me reconsider my own plans and do a trial version for my app because the last thing I need in my life is this kind of whining and moaning in my email inbox.

    So for that a thank you goes out to all the whiners.
    I hope you weren't considering ME a whiner

    I think it should be up to PALM to issue the trial. I love our developers (and am trying to finish my app up as well), but if PALM is going to be charging you all these fees to even get your app up in the first place, there has got to be some sort of check and balance in place to help the end user out.

    I have thought about this "REFUND" issue for a bit here, and realize that I am probably leaning back towards a "NO REFUND" policy, but definitely some sort of trial for each program. And that should be administered by PALM....not the DEV. We have enough to do with just getting an app out into the air.


    PS-----Thank you to ALL the developers (Yes, even those who make apps some people don't really care for or are not "up to snuff, because at least we all are trying to make something worthwhile for the masses)!
    I likey take apart thingies....
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    ... App Refunds do not make sense. Someone can easily download and keep the file. There is nothing to return and as such no verifiable way to determine that you are no longer using it.
    Palm knows everything on your phone whenever they want to know it (Link) ... Every Pre user has agreed to allow Palm access to what's on their phone.
  19. tarhead's Avatar
    Posts
    183 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Not usually. But anyway, there should be a time limit added to all apps that tell the buyer they have until X days (1-3 seems reasonable) to remove the app or they will not be allowed to get a refund. It's rather simple and should have been added a long time ago. This being said, if there is not demo or lite version offered. It protects both the buyer and the developer.
    my sweetheart is a game nut - when she doesn't like a game she always gets a refund from sprint.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    I hope you weren't considering ME a whiner
    I wasn't referring to anyone in particular
    I think it should be up to PALM to issue the trial. I love our developers (and am trying to finish my app up as well), but if PALM is going to be charging you all these fees to even get your app up in the first place, there has got to be some sort of check and balance in place to help the end user out.
    Sounds good but this wouldn't work in practice. I don't think it's reasonable to expect Palm to dig through everyone's code and make modifications to it that enable trial functionality.

    The only thing they COULD do would be to remotely wipe the app after x days of 'trial time'. I'm not sure I'd like Palm to routinely delete apps on my phone though and I think most of us wouldn't. Also if they would even go this route it would probably be too easy to circumvent the remote delete causing developers to lose money.

    As a developer I find the whole trial version thing kind of a pain but I don't feel Palm should take this pain for me really.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions