View Poll Results: Your Apps: How will you obtain them?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am using homebrews only.

3 7.14%
  • I am using the App Store only

5 11.90%
  • I have a combination of both

34 80.95%
  • No apps for me, thanks.

0 0%
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Poll: How do you obtain your Apps? I created this because I am trying to stick with home brews and not use the App store. I guess I'd rather support the little guy. What's your opinion?
    Where is the: "Only homebrew, because my Pre is full option?"
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Where is the: "Only homebrew, because my Pre is full option?"
    That's a great comment. That's another reason I am using homebrew only.
    Where is the I cannot obtain homebrew or app catalog apps because I'm out of memory option?
    If the App Catalog had a Web Interface I could use on my PC, then tag apps to download/install on my Phone, I would be 100% App Catalog.
    Why pay when the free stuff is better?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I'll use homebrew, and then support our homebrew devs when their apps hit the Apps Store (case in point - FriendsFlow)...
    Motorola Q (HORRIBLE) -> Samsung Instinct (Almost as bad as the Motorola) -> Palm Pre -> HTC Hero
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    Poll: How do you obtain your Apps? I created this because I am trying to stick with home brews and not use the App store. I guess I'd rather support the little guy. What's your opinion?
    I don't understand how going homebrew-only supports the little guy.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I don't understand how going homebrew-only supports the little guy.
    Well, my though here is if I give the little guy a paypal donation of $5, he gets $5. But if he charges $5 through the Palm App Store, he gets $5 minus Palms fees (Which I do not know).

Anyone know what the cost of selling an app is?
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    Well, my though here is if I give the little guy a paypal donation of $5, he gets $5. But if he charges $5 through the Palm App Store, he gets $5 minus Palms fees (Which I do not know).

Anyone know what the cost of selling an app is?
    I see your logic. The developer would get more per donation in homebrew. However, you need to remember that the normal Palm Pre user will not ever use homebrew or go to precentral. All Pre users will have access to the App Catalog on their phone.

Even though they get less $ per purchase, their potential user base that can buy the app is much larger.

With that said, all the above doesn't really matter if Palm can't fix their stupid app memory limit.