Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    I'm actively waiting a 'Call Block' app
    You can use Google Voice for that.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    We'll release Palm Pre first half of the year. No! Give us the Pre now.

Okay. Now here's the Pre.
    Why were you in a hurry? You should've taken your time to polish the OS. Now give us an upgrade.

Okay. Here is 1.1. Here is 1.2. Here is 1.2.1.
    Hey wait a minute. Where are the apps? Give them to us now!

Okay. Here are the apps.
    Why are the apps like this? These are not the kind of apps that I expect.

And so the story goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mkokolis View Post
    first off i know its olny been less then a day since we started to see the flow of new apps(most of them former homebrew apps). but i would think that palm would have started with something much better then this. i mean these apps are for the most part terrible. is there any word on what apps are to come. i dont own an iphone or an ipod touch so im depending on palm to show me something special. hopefully we will see something better over the next couple of days. sorry to rant on, just giving my 2 cents
    well i happen to own both an ipod touch and an iphone ( but i do have a pre loll its beast loll ) and the apps are pretty much the same thing but the app store has more
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post

Why were you in a hurry? You should've taken your time to polish the OS. Now give us an upgrade.

Okay. Here are the apps.

And so the story goes.
    +1 even though the same people whining here are saying to themselves, "I didn't complain about all of that."

Deal.
    im pretty sure the app cat still says beta on it...

I mean I want apps as much as the next person, but don't expect anything great til beta in the top right is gone.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I understand now that this is truly a world of instant gratification, and quite honestly I am tired of apps.

Apps this,apps that. I remember the good old days on my apple newton, or any of my Toshiba WinCE palmtops with full QWERTY, or my Dell Axims, just scouring the web using probably Altavista, or Lycos, or maybe even Yahoo to find "apps" that I really needed.

These days it's not about needing the app, it's about having something to show off.

Most people complaining don't even have a list of things they need, they have a blank check request. They expect to have 80,000 crap apps in a catalog so they can decide whether to use the silent but deadly fart or the motorcycle on multiple fart apps.

I need Docs2Go, I need a GPS/mapping app, I need a better workout app. Something with an excel type spreadsheet in it that I can customize for my cardio workouts at the gym. I like being able to log my max HR, average, vertical distance, ave grade, among the usual time, distance. Plus, having it work with GPS for outdoor runs would be great.

The idea for me is to merge my MP3 and my GPS and workout tracker into one device. My pocket PC with a bluetooth GPS did that using pocket EXcel, and third party mapping software. There are a few "workout" apps out, but none of them have everything I need, an since Docs2Go is still MIA, I can't create an Excel spreadsheet to fill in the gap. So that is a legit app request by me.

Wasn't so hard to come up with a real request...not, "these apps suck now give me more".

Okay. Here are the apps.

And so the story goes.
    You act as if Palm's decisions are influenced by us. Everything they're doing is going by a plan they made long ago -- if it's not, then Palm is one disorganized company. The plan could've included helping developers dig deeper into the OS so that they could have pay-worthy apps ready for when the app store went live, and not just Javascript ports with some hooks into the OS. I'm not sure why Palm has kept those tools to themselves, or not developed them at all, but it's giving the Pre the appearance of being inferior to the iPhone.

Users giving feedback, even if it's negative, is the best thing for the Pre right now.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    but it's giving the Pre the appearance of being inferior to the iPhone.

Users giving feedback, even if it's negative, is the best thing for the Pre right now.
    And if someone argues "well apple had 3 years to get it's ****e together" you would reply "we aren't talking about apple 3 years ago, the Pre has to compete with the 3GS and itunes/app catalog 2009."

I'd say fair point, but you and I both knew that buying into a brand new from scratch OS, on new hardware, with a small company was going to be an interesting ride.

I'd also say, knowing we knew that, having a little patience (not saying don't give palm feedback and announce bugs) and realizing that this whole thing is going to be a work in progress for some time is reality.

I never early adopt because of these headaches, but between the homebrew community and the relative stability of the WebOS, I've been pretty happy. I actually expected far worse, and assumed I'd be returning my Pre after 29 days for an HTC Touch Pro, or a Treo Pro. Still have it 4 months later so I'd say I'm mostly satisfied.

Okay. Here are the apps.

And so the story goes.
    Urban Dictionary: complaining
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123