Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Have you noticed that when you are in EVDO and start up Wi-Fi you get both the Wi-Fi symbol and the EVDO symbol.

After Wi-Fi connects, the "EV" icon is replaced by the Wi-Fi symbol?

It seems to indicate Wi-Fi will be used instead of EVDO for data.

Is the EVDO radio still on when the Wi-Fi symbol replaces it?

Is the only way to save power to turn EVDO off or does a Wi-Fi connect put EVDO in a low power consumption mode?

Just pondering.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    yep...when WiFi is available/connected it is used for data rather than the cellular radio.
    BUT. EVDO is still active. Go to the dialer and type in ##33284# and scroll down to Data Session Curr. IP Addr. You'll still have an IP, because the EVDO radio is active, even if not being used. If you disable Data Usage, you will disable the EVDO radio, meaning no IP address in ##33284#.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    BUT. EVDO is still active. Go to the dialer and type in ##33284# and scroll down to Data Session Curr. IP Addr. You'll still have an IP, because the EVDO radio is active, even if not being used. If you disable Data Usage, you will disable the EVDO radio, meaning no IP address in ##33284#.
    Thanks Elysian,

How about a new option of turning off EVDO when Wi-Fi is connected and auto reconnect EVDO when you loose a Wi-Fi connect?

Could that be done in Homebrew?
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Thanks Elysian,

How about a new option of turning off EVDO when Wi-Fi is connected and auto reconnect EVDO when you loose a Wi-Fi connect?

Could that be done in Homebrew?
    I dunno, but I submitted some feedback about all the different options I think there needs to be. I urge everyone to do the same(and have urged that in several threads). That's really the only way we'll see changes, the forums are, IMO, too convoluted for something like this to reach Palm.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I dunno, but I submitted some feedback about all the different options I think there needs to be. I urge everyone to do the same(and have urged that in several threads). That's really the only way we'll see changes, the forums are, IMO, too convoluted for something like this to reach Palm.
    Good idea.

I just asked them to add a EVDO toggle to the upper right menu. That would put most radio options together.
    Tom