Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    just wondering when paid apps make it's way ti canada. Also I can't even see them is that normal?

no music store and no paid apps this sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanide1973 View Post
    I can't even see them is that normal?
    Yep...that is normal/correct. It will come but there are legal hurtles and technical issues that need to be cleared before these services can go live in the Dominion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanide1973 View Post
    just wondering when paid apps make it's way ti canada. Also I can't even see them is that normal?

no music store and no paid apps this sucks

Yeah..this is really unfortunate for us Canadians.. I mean, at least with Apple, the US AppStore was available for purchases whilst they were they getting the Canadian one ready, then the switch in the background was seamless.. you couldn't get some of the apps from the US store, but overall you could still get paid apps.

This way by Palm.. All or Nothing.. All for the US, nothing for Canadia..not impressed.
    I am not impressed at ALL! why release a phone which can't compete with the Iphone when Your marketing demographic IS to be an "Iphone Killer". Palm better get this sorted out quick. Most of my friends are steering away from the Pre for this exact reason. Most of them aren't very unique in the technology front either. Do don't care about Preware and Patches. All they would use would be the appCatelog which is gimped by US standards.
    Canada will never get paid apps! They are far too friendly for such awesome things as 3D games! They should just join the US as the 51st state!!!

Sry, my 666th post had to be mean....
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    @Complex Pants
    Canada will never get paid apps! They are far too friendly for such awesome things as 3D games! They should just join the US as the 51st state!!!
    Well the way things are going in the United States, you might end up the 11th Province or you could be the 4th Territory. Which ever you like. Ahhhh a nice new name like Southern Canada! God save the Queen!

hahahaha

Just kidding.

We don't want New Jersey you can keep it.

LOL
    Waiting for paid apps in Mexico too...
    Yeah, I realize that it might take a little time, and I'm trying to be patient, but it's starting to get annoying. I mean, there are like 25% of the apps available to Canadians. Hell, there are some really cool apps that I would pay for now! Grrr. Not sure if it's palm or Bell though. My tendency is to think it's the carrier... Just because Bell is slower with everything so far.
    Yeah. It's hard to say, but we are definitely getting the shaft. At least throw us a bone and let us know approximately when we'll get paid apps Bell? or Palm. They should have been working on this since day 1.
    It's been stated several times that when Palm first built the Palm app catalog that the payment system was only capable of taking US credit cards. I believe this is a palm thing. They built the catalog, and wanted to get it right in the US first before expanding it internationally. Yea, it pretty much sucks, and I really want to pay for some apps on my Pre, but it's the hand we've been dealt. I'm living with it.
    One way or another, determined users will find a way to get these apps onto their phones.

It's unfortunate that many people WANT these apps and are willing to pay for them but they are not being made available
    There arent any differences between a US and Canadian credit card.
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    There arent any differences between a US and Canadian credit card.
    Except for things like the Billing address. Where in the Palm store you can only input a US State and Zip code, not a province and postal code, or any other country's method of postage.
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    Except for things like the Billing address. Where in the Palm store you can only input a US State and Zip code, not a province and postal code, or any other country's method of postage.
    Yeah, I think this is the same issue that Amazon has. Which is ridiculous, really. The charge doesn't need the billing address to be US. There's no shipping, and plenty of US stores are capable of accepting credit cards from Canada. Sheesh.

I would have figured that they would have worked something out with Bell to add the cost to the bill and then get paid.

If it's only an issue of address, then they should be able to fix it pretty quickly.
    same here in europe, at least we know that we get paid apps in march. whats even more annoying is, we are stuck at 186 apps today... because at first all the apps that got added were automatically flagged us only, even free apps, so we don't get them here... i think that is still an issue because i can't even use the free apps from the web-feed