Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Where am I?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Just tried this on my TouchPad, running webOS 3.0.2.

Latitude: 394
    Longitude: 149 (correct)

*facepalm*
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I cant believe this, new hardware, OS major version upgrade and still this bug, What HP is doing? Is a pretty lame bug. Most cheap phones with gps doesnt have this problem. I think HP doesnt care their phones being bought outside their planned realeased countries. mmm Now that I recall one of the countries is Australia. lame
  4.    #44  
    You will note that I first reported this issue to Palm almost 2 years ago.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Exactly. Rod, is there any way to patch the files that report the GPS coordinates to apps software? I'm not a patch guy but I could try
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi_gmv View Post
    Exactly. Rod, is there any way to patch the files that report the GPS coordinates to apps software? I'm not a patch guy but I could try
    Not that I have found. On the phones I simply switched Google GPS assistance off, and dealt with the longer fix times. On the TouchPad I've just turned off GPS altogether.

I've been told this will be fixed in the next OTA update. I hope that is the case.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    i'd like a fix for this. sometimes it tracks me well, and other times it doesnt !!?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Anyone with a Pre3 tried GPS yet?
    Um, I've got a North American unlocked GSM Pre 2 that I'm using in Australia while I'm here until December, and the GPS works.

It's very slow to pinpoint where I am, but it most certainly works.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by vc1492a View Post
    Um, I've got a North American unlocked GSM Pre 2 that I'm using in Australia while I'm here until December, and the GPS works.

It's very slow to pinpoint where I am, but it most certainly works.
    Raw GPS works, Google Location Services (used for Wifi location when GPS signal is not available, or on a Touchpad with no GPS chip) does not.

-- Rod
    https://developer.palm.com/content/a...3.0.4-669.html

"Google Location Services now work for locations in the Southern Hemisphere."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

Only for TouchPad though.

Edit: Oh wait, it's not fixed. It's off by one. The latitude reads -34, when I'm actually at -35. Do you think they tested this?
    Last edited by calroth; 10/21/2011 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Oh wait, it's not fixed.
    Pre3 location services not working as well 402 instead of -27 for lattitude.
    longitude correct.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123