Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlai View Post
    Those numbers dont seem to dial... ##GPS# dials to ## #*GPS# dials to #*
    You're dialling them on the on-screen telephone keypad, right?

#*477#

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You're dialling them on the on-screen telephone keypad, right?

#*477#

-- Rod
    I get a recorded message "The number you called is not recognised" on my UK GSM Pre on O2.

##477# gives a network message "UNKNOWN APPLICATION"

EDIT: Not sure if it's related but the preware 'FitTrack' application doesn't seem to lock on to GPS at all so maybe the GPS is controlled differently on the GSM version. GoogleMaps seems to work fine but that's the only evidence I have that the GPS works at all.
    Last edited by andyhurley; 11/06/2009 at 08:24 AM.
    As of webOS 1.4.0, this appears to work.

Google Maps now correctly locates me (instead of putting me somewhere in the ocean); and the Device Info test app says my latitude is -35.
  4.    #24  
    I too can confirm that webOS 1.4 fixes this.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    That's odd, because mine has been happily tracking me around the Adelaide suburbs since January.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    That's odd, because mine has been happily tracking me around the Adelaide suburbs since January.
    Google Maps worked, with the phone on.

I bet if you tried to get a fix through the #*GPS# dial code, you would have got a lattitude of 395 degrees. Same if you'd used GPS with the phone off.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Google Maps worked, with the phone on.

I bet if you tried to get a fix through the #*GPS# dial code, you would have got a lattitude of 395 degrees. Same if you'd used GPS with the phone off.

-- Rod
    Could be. Never did that.
    Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I have doctored since 1.4.0 came out and I still have the result below?

Anyone else with this problem?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by krsmith88 View Post
    Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I have doctored since 1.4.0 came out and I still have the result below?

Anyone else with this problem?
    I see that you are on WiFi. Do you run with phone on at all?
    Yeah, usually on Vodafone, I was just on airplane mode to demonstrate the problem. It does grab the correct lat after a couple of minutes, but its annoying to have to wait that long for it to get the correct fix.

Just wondering if anyone else gets the lat straight away, or if it reports like the above and then updates later like mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by krsmith88 View Post
    Yeah, usually on Vodafone, I was just on airplane mode to demonstrate the problem. It does grab the correct lat after a couple of minutes, but its annoying to have to wait that long for it to get the correct fix.

Just wondering if anyone else gets the lat straight away, or if it reports like the above and then updates later like mine.
    I do also have to wait for a satellite lock. I haven't figured out how to have the GPS on 'hot' standby. It must be possible, because programs like Geostrings can work in the background.
    Last edited by johncc; 10/18/2010 at 08:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I'm here in Indonesia, in southern hemisphere alright. If I'm using GPS only, it gives the right coordinate. But when Im using Google service, it gives 444.xx instead of -6.9xx.
    Yep, same as my problem.
    I've given up on getting it fixed until 2.0 now.....

I can't see why this hasn't been fixed already. Surely the odd American goes south of equator sometimes?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I'm finding I can't get a lock at all on Foursquare or Google Maps. If I don't allow location services, google maps starts fine. But if I allow services, I just get a blank screen with a pulsating dot. And this is outside under clear skies! Running a O2 De Pre minus, 1.4.5.

In Foursquare, it sometimes gets a lock to within 25 metres, but I have a blank google map at the bottom, and sits in a timewarp if I enter a venue (the venue list is always blank, which I find hard to believe in some busy spots in Perth).

Is this also the same GPS problem, or me being a noob?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Just in case anyone is holding his breath: Southern hemisphere Google Services on an O2 webOS 2.1 Pre Plus are still a no go. Either they just haven't fixed it or the Pre-/+ just don't work down under and that's why Telstra ditched them in the first place. Anyone with a Pre 2 here?
    Quote Originally Posted by famerlor View Post
    Just in case anyone is holding his breath: Southern hemisphere Google Services on an O2 webOS 2.1 Pre Plus are still a no go. Either they just haven't fixed it or the Pre-/+ just don't work down under and that's why Telstra ditched them in the first place. Anyone with a Pre 2 here?
    I use Google maps regularly successfully (Adelaide) , inspite of the ~360+ latitude error.
    Last edited by johncc; 05/04/2011 at 12:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I have never turned on Google services and get GPS fixes for Google maps, Maptool and Navit.
    I am using Pre 2 GSM P102UEU model. I always turn on Locate Me using GPS and Google Services, with Wifi always turned on, too (at least during business hours).

At the same time, I developed a simple app using Mojo framework and it is reporting as what Rod is saying for Southern Hemisphere.

I have written the finding in my blog.
    Cheers,
    Peter
    Aotearoa / Land of the Long White Cloud
    http://petkatan.blogspot.com/
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Any news on this subject? pre+ o2 on Argentina
  20.    #40  
    Bug NOV-125660 is still not fixed as far as I am aware.

-- Rod
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast