1.    #1  
    Thanks in advance for any feedback. I've searched, but not found this same issue.

I used 1.1 to sync to iTunes and filled my Pre up with music and artwork, no problems. 1.2 comes out, I need to add the new Pearl Jam album to my pre and of course, iTunes sync didn't work. After some research, I downloaded Double Twist and tried to add music but Double Twist reported my memory full. It showed no music loaded, just memory full.

I plugged my Pre into my Macbook Pro in usb mode and could not find where iTunes had stored the music. When I did drive info on the phone, it showed the memory was full... but when I opened the 'usb drive' up and did info on all the folders in the drive, there wasn't even 1 g of memory being used. I couldn't find the files that were supposedly filling the phone's memory. I had to do a full erase and then sync with Double Twist to add all the music and all was fine.

Now 1.2.1 comes out, I update and get the new Dodos album on the same day. I plug it in to iTunes which should now work (and does) but all the memory is declared as 'Other' (shows no existing music) and I can only put a little bit of music on it in the little bit of free memory. I load up Double Twist since that's what I used, but it's the same as iTunes, all the existing music is considered 'Other' in the memory so I can't clear it to load new music. I open up as a usb drive and again, I can't find the files to delete and clear the memory. I have to do a full erase to get rid of those files...

So my question. What the hell is going on? I'd prefer to use iTunes, but we all suspect that in the future it will break again. With whatever Palm is doing to the Vendor Id, USB #, whatever... Double Twist didn't like. I just want to be able to sync music with no issues. When iTunes breaks it again and I go back to Double Twist, I'm going to have to do another full erase.

Any Ideas? Advice?

Why the hell doesn't Palm just make their own sync software. It's seriously starting to **** me off to the point where I may buy another phone. I like most everything about web os but there's 3 things that drive me NUTS.

1) This sync stuff.
    2) Unlocking the phone with passcode. It seems like after the screen goes on and you're attempting to enter your code, the screen is unresponsive for a few seconds so the first passcode entry is always wrong and you have to enter the code again. Ugh.
    3) Alarms with a passcode. You have to enter the passcode to turn off the alarm. Are you kidding me? The last thing I want to do at 5:30 when the alarm goes off is deal with issue #2 while trying to turn off my alarm.

Thanks again.
  2.    #2  
    So is no one else experiencing the issue where the phone is reporting it's memory is full, but the files are nowhere to be found to be deleted?
  3.    #3  
    If no one has responded, I would guess that no one else has the issue. That or my post is too hard to follow what's happening? Please let me know if I need to clarify something. I could really use some help!
    Did you try just creating a music folder while in USB mode and putting the music you want in there? That's what I did and it worked just fine for me.
  5.    #5  
    Honestly, no I did not.

I guess I will attempt this next time, but I can say this may be a deal breaker. The last thing I want to do is forage through gigs and gigs of music organized in folders to drag over to the phone. That's why I want to use iTunes... or hell, even Double Twist or any other sync program that shows me my music and lets me control everything on 1 screen.

But with each update... I don't want to go through the reset. I don't understand what is going on as to why music put on by iTunes is only found by iTunes (not even apple finder sees these files when the issue occurs). iTunes sees them, but only as 'other'.

thanks for the response, though.
    When you connect via USB mode, do you have your system set to show hidden files (not familiar enough with Mac to know if this is an issue, but it is with lots of Windows users)? I have a sneaky suspicion that the files are in a hidden directory. Just a guess though.

Also, probably too late, but it could be that the reason you're not getting many responses is that the thread title looks very much like the "not enough room for apps" topic that has been beaten to death on here in multiple forums. That was why I initially didn't even look at it.

If this isn't your issue, let me know. There are things you can do t find the missing files. They're there somewhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukin View Post
    Honestly, no I did not.

I guess I will attempt this next time, but I can say this may be a deal breaker. The last thing I want to do is forage through gigs and gigs of music organized in folders to drag over to the phone. That's why I want to use iTunes... or hell, even Double Twist or any other sync program that shows me my music and lets me control everything on 1 screen.

But with each update... I don't want to go through the reset. I don't understand what is going on as to why music put on by iTunes is only found by iTunes (not even apple finder sees these files when the issue occurs). iTunes sees them, but only as 'other'.

thanks for the response, though.
    Get iTunes working again, and then don't update until:
    1. The whole issue is completely settled
    2. You have to for some other reason