Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    is it just me? I open an email and all of sudden it takes almost 10 sec to retrieve email text.
    No, it's not just you. I've noticed this, too. It just started noticing it today. I don't recall this being a problem in 1.1. It may have been a problem in 1.2.0 or it may have started w/1.2.1.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    I don't remember this even on the 1.2 phew, I thought maybe it was cause some of the tweaks I've done...
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Me too...I was like what's going on...
    My email's text became slow after installing a few tweaks (keyboard, email in landscape, and advanced dictionary) yesterday. I thought it was due to the tweaks...apparently, though, others are having problems. Can anyone confirm if this is a known issue, either way?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hey locationman52...I did install advanced dictionary today and my Pre starting acting up on the email retrieval after that...to test it out, I uninstalled it just now and it seems to be back to normal. Thanks for the tip.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    yup...that was it. thanks locationman
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Yes! Thanks... I was having the same problem & could not figure it out. The forums are great.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I installed the same tweaks last night and noticed my email was slow to load this morning. Looks like I'll have to wait until I get home this evening to remove the advanced dictionary since I can't find it in Preware to remove.
    I read this is a bug in quickinstaller if you install the wrong tweak.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Just removed the dictionary and mine works better too!
    Hmm.. Removing advanced dictionary didn't fix it for me. I removed all the tweaks and now it's better.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I'm glad I found this thread. The slow email thing was a real pain. I removed the dictionary tweak and it's back to normal. Yeah!!
    yep +1 on same issue. resolved by removing the advanced auto correct dictionary.
    I think it is because the Pre does not cache the message until you open the email. Very annoying if you ask me.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    The dictionary replacement in the tweaks significantly slows down emails..

(The the patch developer - the word list needs to be 5k or smaller to not slow down emails!)
    -mark
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Dont Use advanced dictionary!
    Admin please sticky it! i had the same problem of slow loading, got rid of adv dictionary and everything was back to normal. I ALSO believe it caused my pre to drain battery faster. I have noticed battery drainage much improved by removing the tweak.