Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Although I am getting use to the webOS and believe there is many great things to come, I can't wait any longer for apps. I'm also tired of getting ridiculed for carrying around 2 phones, my palm pre and motorola q.

So here's my offer, I'm willing to trade my palm pre for a sprint touch pro 2 (even trade).

Please note I feel webOS is a superior platform but I can't wait for it to mature, I will watch closely and come back to palm once they release more business apps and hopefully more form factors to chose from.

Please send all inquiries to (dc.outlet at gmail dot com)
    Serious offers only. Thanks
    Wrong forum dude. I think you wanted to go here right? HTC Touch Pro - PPCGeeks

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    That's a downgrade right there with that poor quality 65K screen compared to the Pre 16.7 million. Winmo is also in need of a real update to it's rather old UI and it is slow.
    No doubt winmo is old and can't compete with webOS as far as operating systems go. It's the business apps I can't wait for mainly a good calendar app and spreadsheet.

I don't use the phone for games or video.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I just got the TP2 in this afternoon and spent all night playing with it. Tomorrow I am sending it back to Sprint. It is FAR better then my original TP. Everything feels smoother and more integrated. However, it doesn't feel as smooth or as integrated as the Pre does. The large screen of the TP2 was really nice and oh how I miss that large keyboard. But yet, I have decided to keep the Pre.

Being such a young OS and already leaps ahead of WM, I know there is a great future ahead for WebOS and I am sticking it out. Plus no true working (read, Pandora has not yet released a proper version for the TP2 or similar) Pandora for the TP2 and I just can't go without it now.

I'd swap you but I still have my Pre and so I am sending the TP2 back so I don't get charged for it.
    Hmm the TP2 is $350. Doubt anyone's gonna trade you.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Hmm the TP2 is $350. Doubt anyone's gonna trade you.
    The out of contract price for the pre is $549, the out of contract price for the tp2 is $599.

unless you're willing to pay for 2 lines, this is a fair option.
    Don't have a tp2, but will gladly take the pre off of your hands for 100$ if it's in good condition. PM if interested.

I need 2 more to make a family of 5
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    That's a downgrade right there with that poor quality 65K screen compared to the Pre 16.7 million. Winmo is also in need of a real update to it's rather old UI and it is slow.
    Wow...how informative. Pre is an upgrade to the TP2, because its screen can display more colors? Is that really all you brought to the table? I mean...you're definitely correct, but there's so many things more important that the color depth of the display.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    Don't have a tp2, but will gladly take the pre off of your hands for 100$ if it's in good condition. PM if interested.

I believe I can get quite a bit more selling on ebay if I were looking for cash but I'm looking for a tp2 trade
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post

LOL not 100 dollars
    This should probably be moved to the marketplace forum at the least.
    If you want to compare market value prices the TP2 is worth about $100 more than the Pre. On Ebay a Pre goes for around 350 new and a TP2 goes for about 450 new. Just checked completed listings. So no, definitely not an even trade. I returned a TP2 that I had for about two weeks. Reason 1: too expensive (VZW price match never materialized as rumored.) Reason 2: Awesome keyboard and screen size/resolution, tired old resistive screen and sluggish (although better) WM 6.1 under the surface.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    Although I am getting use to the webOS and believe there is many great things to come, I can't wait any longer for apps. I'm also tired of getting ridiculed for carrying around 2 phones, my palm pre and motorola q.

So here's my offer, I'm willing to trade my palm pre for a sprint touch pro 2 (even trade).

Please note I feel webOS is a superior platform but I can't wait for it to mature, I will watch closely and come back to palm once they release more business apps and hopefully more form factors to chose from.

Please send all inquiries to (dc.outlet at gmail dot com)
    Serious offers only. Thanks

I'll take ur pre for free.....lol I bet you won't give it away cause you like it too much....LOL!!!!!
  14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    Wow...how informative. but there's so many things more important that the color depth of the display.
    Only Few things like Office Mobile, voice recorder , SD card slot.
    The rest is pathetic. Especially browser , which is the most important feature in the current generation smart phones. Pre's browser is super quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    If you want to compare market value prices the TP2 is worth about $100 more than the Pre. On Ebay a Pre goes for around 350 new and a TP2 goes for about 450 new. Just checked completed listings. So no, definitely not an even trade. I returned a TP2 that I had for about two weeks. Reason 1: too expensive (VZW price match never materialized as rumored.) Reason 2: Awesome keyboard and screen size/resolution, tired old resistive screen and sluggish (although better) WM 6.1 under the surface.
    Dude, you've had so many phones?! Are you related to Favre by any chance? :-)